2500 lost or stolen guns in the uk
29 August 2012, 20:49,
2500 lost or stolen guns in the uk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19407789

WTF! I wonder who has them?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
29 August 2012, 20:55,
RE: 2500 lost or stolen guns in the uk
Dunno but I could slap the whinging anti gun lobbyist !!!, Guns dont kill people, people kill people.
If guns kill people then pens cause bad spelling. Besides of the 0.15 % of guns getting lost if I remember correctly that includes those miosplaced by both the army and the police, something the anti gun nuts tend to omit.

Also they appear to forget that only 1% of legally held guns are used to commit offences, and of that 1% most are suicides by depressed farmers. Naturally the anti gun lobby also dont bother to consider that REAL criminals dont bother with gun laws or gun licences either.

29 August 2012, 20:56,
I would have thought it would be higher dated since 2007, still thats a big number.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 August 2012, 21:00,
I wonder how many were lost or stolen bedfore 2007. It's a bit of a worry!
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
29 August 2012, 21:09,
Dunno the cops shoot enough unarmed people and the government didnt even bother to ask the IRA for theirs, they are only after the law abiding Brits.

29 August 2012, 21:11,
I losta me keys and me mobile pone..ah sheet me gun too Sad
29 August 2012, 21:15,
Air rifles next the Scots are are facing licencing for air weapons, you know the Daily Mirror and Guardian readers are already plotting to make hysterical knee jerk demands to do the same in England.

29 August 2012, 21:32,
A bit of a worry? I wonder how many of them are on eBay? I'm looking for something interesting.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2012, 21:57,
Stolen? 2500 guns?
That for some reason includes lost weapons i.e. 730 shotguns, 86 rifles, 14 revolvers and even one cannon.
Wait a second, 14 revolvers? Didn't some limp wrist ban them back in the 80's?

Compared to the estimate of anything from 200,000 to several million (BBC Guess-timate) other illegal guns that's nothing.

Besides, if they try and license airguns, they'll probably be 3-4 million UK ones to add to the couple of million Scotland will have knocking round.

Media hype yet again.

29 August 2012, 22:06,
We just had TWO yes TWO police fire arms officers convicted and jailed for SELLING guns that were supposed to be destroyed after the police confiscated them. Darn the west country way on a warm summer a few years ago some gun carrying cops drove down the road with the slidy door on the side of their van open and duly scattered a load of hand guns along a stretch of road for over 10 miles.
Who needs bloody criminals with guns when we have the police.

Join the Met and shoot a tourist today.