Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preppers and Survivalists
29 August 2012, 20:52,
Preppers and Survivalists
I read an article today which tried to define the difference between preppers and survivalists.
Then I applied their definitions to my own thoughts.
The statements were:-
  • A prepper knows even the worst storms eventually pass so a prepper plans to get on with life after the storm.
  • A survivalist lives as though the storm is always raging just over the horizon and heading this way.

I can't see the coming total collapse of the Europe Union and the EURO EVER returning to the stable state that existed before these two experiments started and the NWO cocked everything up.

Why? Because everyone will blame everyone else for the loss of revenue and that will eventually that will lead to sanctions and perhaps even international conflict.

This will destroy our way of life and finances.
This countries life blood is based on industry (including the food industry) importing goods, and raw materials from abroad. I'm guessing that will all stop.
It's also well recognized that the UK can't feed itself or be able to heat and fuel everything so I'm guessing we are all going on a diet of epic proportions whether we want to or not.

That explains why my preps aren't biased towards the short term any more, more surviving for a long long time.

So I'm thinking I'm a survivalist because I'll end up 'acquiring' supplies to live.
29 August 2012, 21:13,
RE: Preppers and Survivalists
I think I was a prepper before our time in the US then I evolved into a Survivalist, but after 30 years I'm more mellow and reckon I'm part prepper part survivalist part grumpy old man Smile

29 August 2012, 21:15,
Prepper = Smile survivalist = pity there's no shi t ing my pants icon. Prepping usually means there is an end in near sight, survivalist usualy means...you've had it Sad you're in it for the long run Sad
29 August 2012, 21:18,
Well so long as i have wifey and offspring to care for I'll be doing my best whatever trendy name we have, bushcrafter, survivalist, prepper, retreater, off-gridder, militiamen etc I dont care tbh.

29 August 2012, 21:23,
(29 August 2012, 21:18)NorthernRaider Wrote: Well so long as i have wifey and offspring to care for I'll be doing my best whatever trendy name we have, bushcrafter, survivalist, prepper, retreater, off-gridder, militiamen etc I dont care tbh.

There you go.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 August 2012, 21:28,
Those are not the definitions I'd use.

A prepper prepares for an uncertain future and intends to ride out the storm
A survivalist can find a slug in a desert, extract water, make a fire with it, a bed and shelter and live for a week off the meat.

Just kidding. I see them being the same thing with simply an emphasis on living rough and being much more self reliant.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2012, 21:37,
(29 August 2012, 21:28)Skean Dhude Wrote: Those are not the definitions I'd use.

Yeah you should hear what we call you Smile Smile Smile Tongue
Sorry boss Rolleyes

29 August 2012, 22:58,
No longer. I was acquited. Isn't capitalism great. The police ball this year is going to be spectacular.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 August 2012, 09:17,
i dont think i would call myself a Survivalist....that term to me equates to the American type...all guns and ammo, i see myself as a prepper..a bit lower down the scale...more English equivalent, more about stocks of food and water and tools rather than weapons!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2012, 09:43,
(29 August 2012, 22:58)Skean Dhude Wrote: No longer. I was acquited. Isn't capitalism great. The police ball this year is going to be spectacular.

Took me an hour to work that one out Smile