Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.
30 August 2012, 13:42, (This post was last modified: 30 August 2012, 13:58 by TOF.)
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.

Now, you see, you're talking Hungarian. I chose it because it's an all in one package that will happily keep a deep cycle battery charged for me to run a simple 12v system from.
Maybe I'm being a dolly though and it won't work. All I want is light, kettle, maybe one of little beer fridges for milk and stuff and to run a battery charger for all those little batteries and my laptop.
Oh meant to say, an American friend has one very similar and he swears by it. He's made a frame rather like a deckchair for it and has attached locking wheels. apparently it's blardy heavy to move around and there's good old Murphy to consider. When he wants to use it, he simply wheels it out, sets it at an appropriate angle and he's generating electricity.
As for choosing it, I based my decision on what I wanted it for, price and convenience. I don't want it to power my home, just a back up system and I'm on a budget. I've seen other systems for hundreds of pounds which is fine if you want a permanent system.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers. - by TOF - 30 August 2012, 13:42