Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.
31 August 2012, 20:16,
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers.
I reckon / believe / hope that before most preppers get round to addressing PV and Wind power stuff they would have hopefully sorted out heating, cooking, washing etc by getting wood stoves either fitted cast iron jobs or portable ones like the Frontier stove, So they HOPEFULLY Smile would not be trying to cook or run big appliances . Example from David Crossley and myself when we chatted a few years ago that if the power went off cos of a MAJOR incident we both said we would start cooking all the meats in the freezer or converting it into jerky, We would blanch and pickle or preserve any fruits or veg in the freezer.

After TSHTF I think only type one diabetics will be in a position where they MUST have an operating fridge system.

As for laundry etc I like the hand operated ones you buy from camping shops.

I feel but not totally that a very simple basic design is needed to begin with, then as preppers plans and budgets allow they could expand the generating capacity of their array????

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about a BASIC UNIVERSAL simple PV kit for preppers. - by NorthernRaider - 31 August 2012, 20:16