Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a vee-hicle.
30 August 2012, 16:19,
Recommend me a vee-hicle.
Right, so my truck has to go. I'm doing nearly 600 miles a week just to work and back, and with going out and about evenings and weekends that figure rises to nearly 1000 some weeks. My truck gets about 18 - 20 mpg on diesel. Not good. So, I've let it go. Cheap too.

Soooo, what should I replace it with? I do not want to spend more than £1k on the next one (cause I'll probably break it somehow anyway) but I don't know what to get?

At the moment I'm considering either
- Fiat Doblo (postman tw@t van)
- Fiat Multipla
- Subaru Imprezza (probably not the most fuel efficient)

Am I missing anything blindingly obvious that I can get for my measly sum? If I can find something that'll do 40mpg or more then I can stash away an extra £500 a month, maybe more, to put towards a big 4x4 for the weekends (will be purely off-roader, so no tax or MOT & insurance to worry about)
30 August 2012, 16:26,
RE: Recommend me a vee-hicle.
Buy an older car/van and get insurance with classic car insurance, cheap as chips, we saved 1k a year buying an older car Smile Can't recomend a make of car but buying an old one will save you a fortune Smile
30 August 2012, 16:58,
Suzuki Carry van 1300cc petrol, small van with a large attitude, lots of room in the back for bits and pieces but small enough to get down Westcountry narrow lanes, prob 2001/2 for £1K 2003 if your lucky.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2012, 17:00,
Sorry, I should probably have added that this is going to have to ferry not only me around, but the missus and little 'un and the dog too!
30 August 2012, 17:02,
in that case: any old VOLVO!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 August 2012, 17:03,
Volvo...Those things were made to last Smile
30 August 2012, 17:05,
I used to have a volvo. 05 plate S40 SE Sport with full body kit and 13 speaker dolby 2 surround sound. Went like the proverbial off a shovel, and still gave me nearly 60mpg. But the wiring loom went and they wanted £4500 to replace it, plus 2 men for 2 days! so it got px'd for a merc ML320!
31 August 2012, 13:00,
Well this was probably a waste of bandwidth - the tw@t who is supposed to be collecting my truck tonight has not made contact, nor paid the deposit. Even though he pressed "Buy It Now".

I do however have his full name, home address and mobile phone number Smile

I can see a burning bag of dogshit on his door step in the very near future...
1 September 2012, 06:47,
(30 August 2012, 16:19)00111001 Wrote: s a big 4x4 for the weekends (will be purely off-roader, so no tax or MOT & insurance to worry about)

make sure you register it as off road or you will be fined and lose it! a friend of mine has just had that happen , just taking it off road by not renewing tax, mot and insurance does not take it off the road anymore!
1 September 2012, 22:03,
That is our government for you. ALways willing to find new ways of creating crimes so they can fine you. I've found that if Mr Smith bought it and failed to register it is just disappears. No Tax reminders, no sorn and no fucking meddling civil servants. Only thing is though it cant ever go back on the road.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin