Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need arrow reccomendations please
30 August 2012, 21:43,
Need arrow reccomendations please
I'm looking for a supplier of affordable arrows fitted with steel field points to fire from my Barnett Banshees, draw 26 to 28 inch so 30 to 31 inch long arrows would be best but they need to be suitable for compound bows up to 35 lb draw. I would prefer aluminium but I'm advised other materials are just as good.
Cannot find sensible prices or stuff without outragous delivery charges

30 August 2012, 21:53,
RE: Need arrow reccomendations please
Same here. I've looked all over the place.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 August 2012, 21:58,
I bought some 28 inch Easton’s other day only two just to test, I think around £3.25'ish each.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
30 August 2012, 23:32,
theres a chap on ebay called sunshine lodge he does decent arrows at a good price
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-13-5-Cros...2155wt_952
31 August 2012, 09:06,
I buy mine on ebay, very basic wooden arrows: "10 pack wooden arrows 30inch steel black tips" £12.95 +£3.99p&p, delivery 3-4 days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 August 2012, 09:23, (This post was last modified: 31 August 2012, 09:23 by NorthernRaider.)
(30 August 2012, 23:32)Familyguy Wrote: theres a chap on ebay called sunshine lodge he does decent arrows at a good price
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-13-5-Cros...2155wt_952

Ta FG but those are crossbow bolts not arrows Smile

(31 August 2012, 09:06)bigpaul Wrote: I buy mine on ebay, very basic wooden arrows: "10 pack wooden arrows 30inch steel black tips" £12.95 +£3.99p&p, delivery 3-4 days.

Cant use wooden arrows in Compounds apparently ??? Sad

31 August 2012, 16:17, (This post was last modified: 31 August 2012, 16:27 by NorthernRaider.)
The cost of arrows is quite high and as we are all on a budget I'm wondering if we can get what we want from the 28 inch target arrows of the type that come with the Banshee, They are rated up to 40 ft pounds according to the stickers on the shaft, and actually they are highly affordable mail order as ready made arrows.

I was wondering if we could find a way to reasonably reprofile the semi blunt target head into something sharper by perhaps grinding it on a bench grinder. We would need to be careful not to affect the accuracy and stability of the arrow and also not cut away two much of the alloy point.

Do any of our craftsmen have a suggestion as to how best resharpen these blunt points to something more erm !!!! Practical for preppers ?
BTW I asked Barnett in the US`t reccomend a field arrow for the Banshee and they declined saying its only for target use!!!, Guess they fear litigation.