Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wonder washer pffttttt
31 August 2012, 22:46,
wonder washer pffttttt
You want to live off grid and still have clean clothes? Here is the wonder washer, skip the intro add. Now I've done some research on this and it holds but a mere hanky or pair of socks...O'k, so I'm exaggerating but it doesn't hold much... It's ok if you stroll around in yer tangas or bikini all day but some how I doubt it Smile
Now I was thinking...If you got hold of a large plastic drum, the sort you lot use to store/cashe your food and messed around with it a little you will have a mega large one, It will look a little like a raffle ticket rolling machine thing... Go with me here Smile So if any of you are good with your hands and care to make one and put pics/vids on here I'm sure you would help a few folk Smile I'm crap with my hands but hope I have helped this forum a little Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hD-KYfmIY
31 August 2012, 23:43,
RE: wonder washer pffttttt
Washing Dolly

http://www.objectlessons.org/houses-and-.../s59/a918/

Mangle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangle_%28machine%29

Simples!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
1 September 2012, 08:58,
B & Q used to stock a DIY cement mixer which was infact just a plastic barrel about the size of a very large bucket, it had two mixing vanes inside and a large mouth screw on lid, just like caching barrels, all you did was add ingredients and water then put the lid on and roll across the floor for a few minutes. Quite a few people in the Self Build Camper Van club bought them and used them as washing machines.

1 September 2012, 09:06,
when i lived on my own i did my washing by hand in the sink, sheets were washed in the bath.Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2012, 09:15,
I have often used the sink for washing clothes and a potato masher to help beat the clothes down but can't get them as clean as you do in a machine. I have 3 grubby kids and need to find an alternative to a washing machine, one that doesn't use electric, The dolly seems a good idea but a lot of haard sweaty work. cement mixer, probs to noisy come on you Alfa males..think. I bet one of ya has REAL brains and can think of something AWESOME ! Smile
1 September 2012, 09:19,
i used this strange device its called a.. ..SCRUBBING BRUSH!(a bit like a large nail brush)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2012, 09:22,
What and break my dainty painted nail extensions? Wink J.K...Would that not damage the fibers in the clothes after a while? Thinking of using soap nuts instead of washing powder also.
1 September 2012, 09:28,
Sorry PD, but nail extensions arent going to be any use post SHTF.....i've seen some of these girls on telly with their nail extensions....how the hell do they do ANYTHING??Big Grin(even scratching their backsides must be fraught with dangerTongue)
1 September 2012, 09:44,
I have never had nail extensions lol, Just started growing them last year after 35 years of biting them Smile I don't even paint my nails, I have just fin laying a path with some really heavy stone slabs so as far from girlie girl as you can get Smile Now..back to the washing machine, To be honest I think the wringing out of the clothes is the main problem, spesh in the winter, Can't drip dry outside in the winter Sad
1 September 2012, 10:28,
Donkey power ? , BPs ass fastened to a wheel turning a washing machine ?