Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would ya?
4 September 2012, 17:05,
Would ya?
Senario....The brown stuff has hit the fan, riots have broken out, You hear that your local Asda is going to be looted at 7pm. Most of the police are trying to contain the riots elsewhere in the neighborhood....would you go to Adsa at 7pm and loot Asda? And why/why not?
4 September 2012, 17:09, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2012, 17:11 by IB1.)
RE: Would ya?
Not for me

You would be putting yourself right in the middle of a situation you need to be avoiding, imo probably about the worst place you could be
In fact it is one of the main reasons i prep, to avoid having to get involved in situations like that
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
4 September 2012, 17:14,
No. Because I already have enough stores and don't need to put my self in danger to get any more.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn!"
4 September 2012, 17:32,
No, i dont want to get into a confrontational situation, i think the risk would be too great, i am no good to my OH if i get killed or seriously injured.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2012, 17:47, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2012, 17:52 by NorthernRaider.)
Nup, comes under the unneccessary risk category for me, besides follow the link, Asda gets looted ---- good stolen shop wrecked----- asda claim off their insurance----- Asdas renewals go through the roof, asda pass the rising insurance costs onto the customers through higher priices.

Also if it becomes common place and common knowlege that the cops cannot cope with multiple incidents you can be sure the next night it will be your local family owned store that gets hit, then perhaps those nice looking houses just round the corner from you, then you???
In the LA Rodney King riots the looters stayed away from one family own convenience store even though it was in the middle of the rioting and arsonists, Why Cos the family of Vietnamese people sat on the roof in chair with rifles and shotguns in their hands for three solid days and nights.
(4 September 2012, 17:05)Prepaday Wrote: Senario....The brown stuff has hit the fan, riots have broken out, You hear that your local Asda is going to be looted at 7pm. Most of the police are trying to contain the riots elsewhere in the neighborhood....would you go to Adsa at 7pm and loot Asda? And why/why not?

Same Scenario a few days later when the police and government get desperate and read The Riot act and you dont hear the proclamation and go out looting.( Yes the Riot Act is still on the statutes), You come charging out of Boots with a load of cosmetics and the 1000 rioters are faced with 4 cops armed with MP5s, You laugh, they fire!!!!!

4 September 2012, 18:02,
PD wrote: "Would ya?
Senario....The brown stuff has hit the fan, riots have broken out, You hear that your local Asda is going to be looted at 7pm. Most of the police are trying to contain the riots elsewhere in the neighborhood....would you go to Adsa at 7pm and loot Asda? And why/why not?"

No, I wouldn't, it is immoral, reckless, herd behaviour! Bah! Bah! Bah!
4 September 2012, 18:14,
(4 September 2012, 17:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: Nup, comes under the unneccessary risk category for me, besides follow the link, Asda gets looted ---- good stolen shop wrecked----- asda claim off their insurance----- Asdas renewals go through the roof, asda pass the rising insurance costs onto the customers through higher priices.

Also if it becomes common place and common knowlege that the cops cannot cope with multiple incidents you can be sure the next night it will be your local family owned store that gets hit, then perhaps those nice looking houses just round the corner from you, then you???
In the LA Rodney King riots the looters stayed away from one family own convenience store even though it was in the middle of the rioting and arsonists, Why Cos the family of Vietnamese people sat on the roof in chair with rifles and shotguns in their hands for three solid days and nights.
(4 September 2012, 17:05)Prepaday Wrote: Senario....The brown stuff has hit the fan, riots have broken out, You hear that your local Asda is going to be looted at 7pm. Most of the police are trying to contain the riots elsewhere in the neighborhood....would you go to Adsa at 7pm and loot Asda? And why/why not?

Same Scenario a few days later when the police and government get desperate and read The Riot act and you dont hear the proclamation and go out looting.( Yes the Riot Act is still on the statutes), You come charging out of Boots with a load of cosmetics and the 1000 rioters are faced with 4 cops armed with MP5s, You laugh, they fire!!!!!
I've just googled "The Riot Act" and it says it was repealed on 18th July 1973!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2012, 18:17,
No, because Riots and Riot police aren't something you want to be caught up in, id personally take that as a great opportunity.... to bug out, the more police presence there is at riots, the more stealth you can be
4 September 2012, 18:29,
(4 September 2012, 18:14)bigpaul Wrote: I've just googled "The Riot Act" and it says it was repealed on 18th July 1973!!Big Grin

Of course, I forgot about that IIRC it was scrapped but only to be covered by the Emergency Powers Act ( War Laws) thanks for the correction, but the bastards can still shoot us.

4 September 2012, 21:01,
I love these questions. They never happen and you can say what you want. So here we go. I'll be there at 1800 and fill up my shopping trolley to be gone at 1845.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin