Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubber gloves
4 September 2012, 17:39,
Rubber gloves
I managed to take a chunk out of the side of my thumb today. This evening I had to do the washing up. (ok, I know thats womens work but I had no choise). I looked around for rubber gloves to keep the dressing dry and found just one, luckily for the hand I needed. It then occured to me that although I have surgical gloves in my FAK and warm gloves in my BOB, I have not packed any marigold type gloves for a situation like this.
Might be an idea for the rest of you to considder packing some if you haven't already.
4 September 2012, 17:42,
RE: Rubber gloves
I have a few pairs for my compost toilet to be Smile
4 September 2012, 18:37,
I often grab a handfull of the free thin disposable plastic gloves at the petrol station when i fill up. They are usually in a holder or on top of a waste bin next to the diesel pumps, most petrol stations will provided them these days so that you dont get diesel oil on your hands.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
4 September 2012, 19:07,
Done already and a pair of heavy duty drain clean gloves big enough to cover my leather rigger gloves.

4 September 2012, 20:59,
I've a couple of pairs of long chemical resistant gloves, several marigold types and several boxes of hospital type gloves.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 September 2012, 23:55,
NBC gloves are very resilient & reusable. Ufortunately it is just another bit of kit to weigh the BOB down..
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
5 September 2012, 07:42,
Why i decided I was not going to BO
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 September 2012, 21:01,
LOL..
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"