Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Kill Switch
5 September 2012, 20:48,
Internet Kill Switch
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...s-Lee.html

There is no 'kill switch' for the internet, says inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee

I don't know about you but when a God type person says in a newspaper that something doesn't exist.
I've got to believe that:-

IT BLOOMING WELL DOES!

Why deny something exists? So publicly as well.
Is this his way of tipping us all off?

5 September 2012, 20:52,
RE: Internet Kill Switch
Agreed each gummint has on / off switches for all Cable, Satelite, Cell phone, Fibre Optic and Digital systems, so unless the interwebnet can operate via Ham and CB radio its definately turn offable.

5 September 2012, 20:59,
(5 September 2012, 20:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: Agreed each gummint has on / off switches for all Cable, Satelite, Cell phone, Fibre Optic and Digital systems, so unless the interwebnet can operate via Ham and CB radio its definately turn offable.

An iternet type setup oes indeed exist between radio amateurs, using their own point to point radio transmissions.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 September 2012, 21:11,
It will be pretty darn limited though even with burst data transmission streams.

5 September 2012, 21:34, (This post was last modified: 5 September 2012, 21:43 by Bug_out_Bag.)
someone posted a link of James Wesley Rawls doing a telephone interview with an American web based 'real' news channel. I can't find it now but will repost it here when I do ... Anyway, one of the things Rawls kept saying was [WARNING TO PAUL ... DO NOT READ PAST THIS PART OF MY POST!] " become a radio ham ... become a radio ham ..." precisely because when the 'interweb' gets turned off, there will be, via ham radio, useful, viable alternatives for us to use. Damn, I wish I could find that link Sad
Ok... here it is [WARNING FOR PAUL ... DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!] Tongue

http://www.infowars.com/the-impending-ec...ey-rawles/

It's towards the end that he talks about then net being unplugged.
5 September 2012, 21:53,
It can be unplugged by screwing up the power network
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 September 2012, 22:15,
(5 September 2012, 21:53)Tibbs735 Wrote: It can be unplugged by screwing up the power network

to many gennies and solar panels in circulation now for that to work Smile

5 September 2012, 22:50,
The internet can be cut off very easily by targetting the main ISPs. 95% of us use them and the other 5 won't have anyone to talk to. Back to Bulllitin boards, telephone and radio.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 September 2012, 07:31,
(5 September 2012, 21:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: It will be pretty darn limited though even with burst data transmission streams.

Yes, its slow and cumbersome, but it does get messages through.

Much to reliant on computer technology for me though, especially as those systems are so power hungry.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 September 2012, 08:31,
computers have to have a power source( unless your on wifi) so if TPTB kill the power then no more computers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.