Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lidl: Low Cost Radio Receiver
6 September 2012, 15:17,
Lidl: Low Cost Radio Receiver
In the Recommended Equipment list we started off by listing a Shortwave receiver.

This is a good general purpose device that will let survivors monitor World-wide commercial, government and Ham ( amateur) radio transmissions

Today, I've been travelling in Germany and while there I picked up a little battery powered receiver that was on special offer in Lidl supermarket. It cost less than 10 Euro.

When I tested it and with the built in antenna, it was completely useless, but by touching the antenna to a length ot wire strung up outside, it came alive. ( ie 20ft of ultra thin connection wire thrown into a tree from my hotel window). I have been able to pick up broadcast stations both locally on FM and AM, but also globally on the Shortwave bands. Also on Shortwave I was able to pick up Ham and Maritime morse code transmissions. this is a good little radio for the money.

Model number Silvercrest SWE 100 B1

Bands covered:

FM 87.3 to 108.7 Mhz ( does a good job with stock antenna)
AM 0.530 to 1.643 Mhz (Needs external antenna)
SW1 5.5 to 6.43 Mhz
SW2 9.22 to 10.36 Mhz
SW3 11.41 to 12.52 Mhz
SW4 13.06 to 14.42 Mhz
SW5 14.55 to 15.86 Mhz
SW6 17.18 to 18.25 Mhz

I guess these will be available before to long in Lidl UK for less than 10 quid.

The radio is a reasonable size, and with good sized illuminated LCD display ( good fo those of us who's eyes are not as sharp as they used to be) controls are well spaced out and not too sensitive.

Supplied with protective pouch and lightweight headphones.

The radio runs on 2 x AA cells ( supplied with the radio) or an external 3v DC supply.

If and when this radios get sold by Lidl in the UK, I recommend it as good purchase to cover basic communications needs. ( bear in mind that you'll need to attach it to a length of wire to get the best from it though)

LS

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 September 2012, 16:26,
RE: Lidl: Low Cost Radio Receiver
(6 September 2012, 15:17)Lightspeed Wrote: In the Recommended Equipment list we started off by listing a Shortwave receiver.

This is a good general purpose device that will let survivors monitor World-wide commercial, government and Ham ( amateur) radio transmissions

Today, I've been travelling in Germany and while there I picked up a little battery powered receiver that was on special offer in Lidl supermarket. It cost less than 10 Euro.

When I tested it and with the built in antenna, it was completely useless, but by touching the antenna to a length ot wire strung up outside, it came alive. ( ie 20ft of ultra thin connection wire thrown into a tree from my hotel window). I have been able to pick up broadcast stations both locally on FM and AM, but also globally on the Shortwave bands. Also on Shortwave I was able to pick up Ham and Maritime morse code transmissions. this is a good little radio for the money.

Model number Silvercrest SWE 100 B1

Bands covered:

FM 87.3 to 108.7 Mhz ( does a good job with stock antenna)
AM 0.530 to 1.643 Mhz (Needs external antenna)
SW1 5.5 to 6.43 Mhz
SW2 9.22 to 10.36 Mhz
SW3 11.41 to 12.52 Mhz
SW4 13.06 to 14.42 Mhz
SW5 14.55 to 15.86 Mhz
SW6 17.18 to 18.25 Mhz

I guess these will be available before to long in Lidl UK for less than 10 quid.

The radio is a reasonable size, and with good sized illuminated LCD display ( good fo those of us who's eyes are not as sharp as they used to be) controls are well spaced out and not too sensitive.

Supplied with protective pouch and lightweight headphones.

The radio runs on 2 x AA cells ( supplied with the radio) or an external 3v DC supply.

If and when this radios get sold by Lidl in the UK, I recommend it as good purchase to cover basic communications needs. ( bear in mind that you'll need to attach it to a length of wire to get the best from it though)

LS

will be looking into that pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!