Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff I still need
8 September 2012, 18:01,
Stuff I still need
Just been tidying up my desk and making a few notes bout what kit I still want to get ASAP, mine started as it does every blooy sept with

REFILL jerry cans

Then kit i would like

Frontier stove
PV panel kit 120 watt min
Arrows lots of arrows
Dehydrator from Lakeland
35 / 40 lb draw compound bow
New self winder or solar powered watch
More food supplies
3 x PMR 446 7 watt radios

9 September 2012, 14:05,
RE: Stuff I still need
Crikey NR those frontier stoves are expensive.
£140 (ish) off Google shopping.

9 September 2012, 14:55,
(9 September 2012, 14:05)Paul Wrote: Crikey NR those frontier stoves are expensive.

Portable and lighter and far cheaper than a cast iron cooking range

9 September 2012, 16:36,
All the reviews I have seen for the frontier stove are positive, there are some good vids around showing them working and being put together, definitely on my wish list but a bit down my priority list at the mo.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
9 September 2012, 17:17,
I've heard nothing but very good reports about Frontier stoves including one overland expedition in africa that used one continiously for months until it burnt through feeding a truck load of 20 plus tourists, and all they did was to get a local tradesman to weld a plate over the burnt through bit and it was fully operational again.

9 September 2012, 19:36,
(8 September 2012, 18:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just been tidying up my desk and making a few notes bout what kit I still want to get ASAP, mine started as it does every blooy sept with

REFILL jerry cans

Then kit i would like

Frontier stove
PV panel kit 120 watt min
Arrows lots of arrows
Dehydrator from Lakeland
35 / 40 lb draw compound bow
New self winder or solar powered watch
More food supplies
3 x PMR 446 7 watt radios

If that is all you want I congratulate you. I am still short a very long list. The one thing I have not seen yet is a nice redhead. There are a few around but none stupid enough to be seen dead with me. Sad
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 September 2012, 20:06,
No mate its not ALL, its just what I currently want / need. I could happily spend about another £2500 before i would feel moderately ready.

12 September 2012, 09:48,
(9 September 2012, 14:05)Paul Wrote: Crikey NR those frontier stoves are expensive.

Well worth it - I wouldn't be without mine. Can stick it in the tent and use it as a heater, cook on it, take the plate out and stick a wok directly over the flame - brilliant little thing.
I use it when we're having a BBQ too, get the new potatoes on there and a few other bits.

Plus it folds down nice and small, the flue goes inside the chamber (make sure you clean it first!) and it's light enough to carry about.
12 September 2012, 10:51, (This post was last modified: 12 September 2012, 10:58 by Hrusai.)
(9 September 2012, 19:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: If that is all you want I congratulate you. I am still short a very long list. The one thing I have not seen yet is a nice redhead. There are a few around but none stupid enough to be seen dead with me. Sad

hah, those nice redheads sure are hard to find ay?
cheapest frontier stove i found was 130

http://www.greenmanbushcraft.co.uk/Outdo...-stove.htm
12 September 2012, 11:13,
I still need loads more bulk supplies, but my family are really dragging their feet. It's infuriating because they say that they are interested, but their actions prove otherwise.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8