Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far can you bug out in a 1.2 litre car??
8 September 2012, 19:07, (This post was last modified: 8 September 2012, 19:08 by NorthernRaider.)
How far can you bug out in a 1.2 litre car??
Improvise , Adapt, Overcome, look what you can do with a moderately well prepared vehicle and a plan???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...esert.html
Reminds of that stunt Fiat pulled some years ago, they sent 6 Fiat Panda 1 litre 2 wd cars from I think it was Rome to Sydney and they all got there.

8 September 2012, 19:12,
RE: How far can you bug out in a 1.2 litre car??
we had a Rascal van (900cc) when we got married, we travelled miles in that thing and moved home with it, we used to pick up all manner of stuff in it..from a mattress to firewood!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 September 2012, 19:27,
Depends how much fuel you have. or asm I reading this question wrong?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 September 2012, 19:30,
would love to do that rally, ive dreamed of doing such things since i was a young kid Smile

would be really cool to make a car for that rally, but gear it as a survival vehicle, make it all terrain, high mpg, nimble enough to get away from stuff, big enough to carry things, chock full of gear to do whatever you need

awh man i wanna do this now!!
8 September 2012, 19:59,
(8 September 2012, 19:27)Skean Dhude Wrote: Depends how much fuel you have. or asm I reading this question wrong?

Its a hypothetical rhetorical question Smile its just to show that even on a limited budget you can rig out a sensible vehicle as a BOV

9 September 2012, 08:42,
Got the drift of the thread Big Grin but being cynical old me:-

First mega big traffic jam would be my guess.Confused

9 September 2012, 08:51,
depends on the size/width of your vehicle, thats why i keep banging on about Suzuki Vans(Rascal type) for narrow, deep Devon lanes!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 September 2012, 09:30, (This post was last modified: 9 September 2012, 09:31 by NorthernRaider.)
(9 September 2012, 08:42)Paul Wrote: Got the drift of the thread Big Grin but being cynical old me:-

That my illustrious elderly friend Smile is why I go on and on about preppers doing indepth local reccies of al the B, C, RUPPS, Bridle ways and old tracks of your area as possible. Motorways, Dual Carriageways and A roads are reallt routes to avoid apart from the fact both the military, police and civil authorities have already earmarked those roads for emergency vehicles and mil convoys and will close most em as soon as TSHTF you also have to watch out for the mass migration of the less spotted sheeplebirds who will clog up the primary routes within hours.
Ordnance survey is your best friend.
(9 September 2012, 08:51)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the size/width of your vehicle, thats why i keep banging on about Suzuki Vans(Rascal type) for narrow, deep Devon lanes!!Big Grin

and Honda CB 450 shitehawks Smile

9 September 2012, 09:59,
(9 September 2012, 09:30)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 September 2012, 08:42)Paul Wrote: Got the drift of the thread Big Grin but being cynical old me:-

That my illustrious elderly friend Smile is why I go on and on about preppers doing indepth local reccies of al the B, C, RUPPS, Bridle ways and old tracks of your area as possible. Motorways, Dual Carriageways and A roads are reallt routes to avoid apart from the fact both the military, police and civil authorities have already earmarked those roads for emergency vehicles and mil convoys and will close most em as soon as TSHTF you also have to watch out for the mass migration of the less spotted sheeplebirds who will clog up the primary routes within hours.
Ordnance survey is your best friend.
(9 September 2012, 08:51)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the size/width of your vehicle, thats why i keep banging on about Suzuki Vans(Rascal type) for narrow, deep Devon lanes!!Big Grin

and Honda CB 450 shitehawks Smile
Exactly!! trouble with the nighthawk is 1. its a single seater chop so no pillion and 2. its a bit heavy..if i slid in mud it would be a bugger to pick up again!! if your truly going off road a trials/trail bike it better suited..their a bit high seated for me these days, had one of those Chinese things and it nearly cut me in half!!Big Grin
9 September 2012, 10:01,
My view on the roads is that there will be someareas that get chock ablock with cars in a big jam. Most likely from a crash. Then cars will start to breakdown and run out of petrol. They will be impossible to bypass by car until everyone has gone and you can clear a rough way through. Bug out early or stay in place.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin