Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duct Tape - Lord of All Tapes
9 September 2012, 02:03,
Duct Tape - Lord of All Tapes
heres a really cool mythbusters episode

http://www.novamov.com/video/3f74bc43a45a0

basically they are "stranded" on a desert island with nothing but a pallet of duct tape, witness the wonderment!

whilst in reality it wont be practical to have this much duct tape, it is feasible to have a few rolls in your BOB and after seeing how useful it is, i cant find a reason not to include duct tape in my kit!
9 September 2012, 17:30,
RE: Duct Tape - Lord of All Tapes
I've cut a few pieces of 15mm plastic water pipe 50mm long (same as the width of the duct tape) and then wound on a few meters. Its a lot more compact and you can store a few matches or something in the pipe with a bit of tape over each end.
9 September 2012, 17:51,
(9 September 2012, 02:03)Hrusai Wrote: heres a really cool mythbusters episode

http://www.novamov.com/video/3f74bc43a45a0

basically they are "stranded" on a desert island with nothing but a pallet of duct tape, witness the wonderment!

whilst in reality it wont be practical to have this much duct tape, it is feasible to have a few rolls in your BOB and after seeing how useful it is, i cant find a reason not to include duct tape in my kit!

i have been using Duct tape for years, first we used to use for repairing motorcycle seat covers...then recently i made some sheaths for my machette's using thick cardboard and.....duct tapeBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 September 2012, 18:00,
Yeah - its a very very useful thing to have , can be quite strong when twisted , waterproof if need be for a short while too. Can be used as a temporary repair on a lot of things , duct tape and tie wraps quite invaluable.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
9 September 2012, 18:44,
love it love it love use it to repair my punch bagSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 September 2012, 19:34,
WD40 and Duct tape cure any ill.

If it moves and it shouldn't; Use duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should; use WD40
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 September 2012, 20:00,
(9 September 2012, 18:44)Barneyboy Wrote: love it love it love use it to repair my punch bagSmile

What does she say about that?

9 September 2012, 21:01, (This post was last modified: 9 September 2012, 21:20 by Barneyboy.)
(9 September 2012, 20:00)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(9 September 2012, 18:44)Barneyboy Wrote: love it love it love use it to repair my punch bagSmile

why dont you ask here
(9 September 2012, 21:01)Barneyboy Wrote:
(9 September 2012, 20:00)NorthernRaider Wrote:

why dont you ask here

or better still give me your address and we can have a chat about it face to face my friend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 September 2012, 01:35,
i always knew duct tape was great but that episode of mythbusters just illustrates how damned useful it really is! it provides all the useful things you could need, i especially liked the boat and the water bottle, not to mention the stetson Big Grin

all hail duct tape! you can buy it in very compact form too, remember finding some very cool places to buy it...will try an remember where, but it wasnt a roll, more like a flat thingy Tongue

Big Grin
10 September 2012, 08:59,
I found a better tape than duct tape. I know, I know, calm yourselves Wink

It's called ASBO tape (no, not that kind of ASBO) I found it when I moved into my last flat. It's black, stronger than duct tape, and it stays sticky for ages, even when it's left out. I tested it, pulled a strip of duct tape out and laid it in the airing cupboard, sticky side up. Did the same with the asbo tape. Duct tape not sticky after a couple of days. ASBO tape, still sticky over a month later?! strangest stuff I've wever had - not seen it in any shops, not that I've really searched to be honest.

If you do spot it though, get some!