Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walther CP99
10 September 2012, 15:41,
RE: Walther CP99
My son has a PB carbine that puts out paint balls at over 300 FPS, what is needed to make it useful is either hard cased balls or fill the buggers with an irritant like pepper.

10 September 2012, 15:50,
(10 September 2012, 15:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: My son has a PB carbine that puts out paint balls at over 300 FPS, what is needed to make it useful is either hard cased balls or fill the buggers with an irritant like pepper.

wound nylon balls sir. painful.

Or, do what we used to do, stick 'em in the freezer the night before the game Wink
10 September 2012, 15:50,
(10 September 2012, 15:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: My son has a PB carbine that puts out paint balls at over 300 FPS, what is needed to make it useful is either hard cased balls or fill the buggers with an irritant like pepper.

thats what the self defence ammo is, capascin filled paintballs! gives a big cloud of the stuff, takin that to the face would hurt xD

you can also buy a bunch of different types too, including rubber training rounds, and also simple empty plastic balls, so you could fill them with whatever ya like! which could be very interesting if you fill them with something crazy like a contact explosive...i would say nitrogen triiodide, but that'd explode just from being shot xD
10 September 2012, 16:05,
Hi Peeps,

Thanks for all your comments Smile. I have air rifles Big Grin I'm looking for something as Skvez suggests which looks a little more intimidating than my catapault. I am ramping up my security here as I have just been told by my elderly neighbour that she found an intruder in her kitchen at five in the morning Sad. Where we live is a pretty quiet place and has a good community atmosphere, i.e people look out for whats going on and for each other! If I went into my kitchen at five in the morning I would be bleary eyed, would make too much noise getting an air rifle up and running if you get my gist!

So I was considering a pistol/s ( I have two hands!), which I can keep by my bed ... simples! ... Or is it?

In theory Binary, if it was legal, sawing off the barrel of a more powerful rifle sounds good solution. Of course it's illegal but just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how skilled with a saw
you'd have to be and exactly how much to cut off, for interests sake? But I would never do that.

I'm just off to surf the net and have a look at some of your suggestions ... will be back later!

Thankyou all very much Smile
10 September 2012, 16:30,
(10 September 2012, 16:05)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: Hi Peeps,

Thanks for all your comments Smile. I have air rifles Big Grin I'm looking for something as Skvez suggests which looks a little more intimidating than my catapault. I am ramping up my security here as I have just been told by my elderly neighbour that she found an intruder in her kitchen at five in the morning Sad. Where we live is a pretty quiet place and has a good community atmosphere, i.e people look out for whats going on and for each other! If I went into my kitchen at five in the morning I would be bleary eyed, would make too much noise getting an air rifle up and running if you get my gist!

So I was considering a pistol/s ( I have two hands!), which I can keep by my bed ... simples! ... Or is it?

In theory Binary, if it was legal, sawing off the barrel of a more powerful rifle sounds good solution. Of course it's illegal but just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how skilled with a saw
you'd have to be and exactly how much to cut off, for interests sake? But I would never do that.

I'm just off to surf the net and have a look at some of your suggestions ... will be back later!

Thankyou all very much Smile

clamp, hacksaw, cut it as short as you like, how far would depend on how much u want to and how much u can before it inteferes with the mechanism, dependent on sort of air rifle Smile...then just sand off the end of the barrel to make it smooth and remove any of the bits of metal that poke down after its cut, and you should be good to go Smile although i wouldnt cut down a break barrel air rifle if i were you, would be harder to break Tongue... but a co2 one should be fine....oh and cut it straight lol, shouldnt have much of an impact really but it'll look better Big Grin

although i think buying an air pistol is a better alternative...with home invasion type scenarios you want intimidation as opposed to simple firepower in my opinion, that'll sort out most intruders, although something like the capascin balls discussed would be the best, providing intimidation as well as the ability to incapacitate with no lasting damage, although im not sure how legal the capascin balls are seeing as pepper spray is illegal Tongue
10 September 2012, 16:31,
BoB whats wrong with a pistol crossbow like the ones we have been discussing so much of late? 80 ft pound of energy compared to 12 ft pound of an air rifle, only 22 inches long tip to tail, bloody cheap , compact accurate and if you look at Nemesis's videos you can soon modify the cheap bolts to be more effective.

10 September 2012, 16:51,
I have a Walther CP88 and recently i've been thinking it will only be good as a deterrent, but useless for much else, I have to agree with NR about the sling shot, I bought myself several metres of theraband gold, but as yet to make a slingshot, thats the next thing to learn.
10 September 2012, 17:16, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2012, 17:20 by Bug_out_Bag.)
Hi Everyone!

Well, Tigs and Hrusai, the TiberiusT8 and the Rap4 Desert Eagle both look pretty scary to me! I'm liking the idea of DIY balls, if you'll forgive the expression! I like the idea of mace or capascin ... nasty! It seems to me thatboth these markers are £250 ish, so not much difference on price alone. I'm interested in these 'wound nylon balls' Binary? I did a quick Google and it bought up knitting wool which, I feel sure, is not your style? ( I could be wrong!!! Tongue) So, do you make these nylon balls yourself or can they be purchased?

The crossbow pistol is a great idea NR but it's larger than I want ideally. Although, I may put one on my list and a heap of bolts, as they look awesome.

Thanks Jan for your thoughts on your Walther CP88, it's a shame that these Walther air pistols seem to be poor for what we need as I think they 'look' ideal! Pah!

I read somewhere, may have been here but marbles can be used in markers? Ouch!

My main priority is to really hurt any little git that turns up uninvited in my house, not necessarily cause life threatening injuries although PSHTF that is exactly what will be needed.

Hmmmm! Gosh! They're more expensive than I thought Sad Still, cheap tools are perhaps false economy.

Thanks folks! Smile

Jan, I have a theraband gold on my catapult, it's seriously powerful. At close range,ie in a house, it could be lethal. I have practiced quite a bit with mine and am becoming quite a good shot, I don't think it's that hard, just a bit of practice Smile. Go for it Smile
10 September 2012, 17:32,
heh yeah the whole make your own deadly mix is cool! could fill em with cyanide and hope it goes all in their mouth lol

imo the tiberius's main advantage is its ability to be turned into a rifle as well, by buying an addon kit for it, but thats less useful for home defence in some ways but it isnt based on any real gun, so looks a little odd, whereas the rap4 ones are modelled on glocks and desert eagles and such like Smile

one thing i'd think about though if you wanna go down the realistic lookin pistol route is what if the would be invader runs off to the police and says you threatened them with an illegal pistol! i know its stupid but in this bloody country thats an unfortunately realistic threat Sad....i seem to recall a lawsuit involving a thief climbing on someones roof to gain access to their house, whereupon he fell through the roof and tried (possibly suceeded Tongue) to sue the homeowner for not properly maintaining their roof!
10 September 2012, 17:52,
Ha! Ha! Yes! Good old Blighty?.. you're so right! Some little scrote somewhere would run all the way to the boys in blue and suggest how they all of a sudden have become the victim!!! I guess, I'm just wild and reckless Hrusai as I am beyond worrying about this, but you are absolutely right to mention it! Thing is, it's completely legal to own airguns and paintball markers within the legal limits and that is all I have here.

I'm rather hoping that I won't have my neighbour's experience but, I think the slow decline which seems now to be hastening will see more and more of this kind of thing and I plan to be prepared when it's my turn!!!

I like the idea of cyanide but perhaps a nice dense rubber ball could dislodge some teeth and who knows what one of Binary's wound nylon balls could inflict!! (Sorry Binary, i think there maybe some tablets you can take for that dibilitating condition ... You'll have to ask Lizzie!) Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin