Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US and UK naval force massing in Persian Gulf
17 September 2012, 07:23, (This post was last modified: 17 September 2012, 07:26 by Paul.)
RE: US and UK naval force massing in Persian Gulf
Problem is TLN who's going to fire the first shot?
If we do (purely for humanitarian reasons) the Muslim world will erupt in our direction.
If the US do (because they're just stupid) the Muslim world will still erupt in our direction.
No matter what happens, who shoots, who leaves, who talks, there is one inescapable truth.

The Muslim world will still erupt in our direction.
Guilty by association, that's us.
And before anyone says I'm anti Muslim I'm not.
I'm just aware of all the protests that are happening in the UK about things we aren't even associated with i.e. The latest being that US film.

17 September 2012, 08:57,
Whats the movie about that all the muslims a kicking up a stink for?
17 September 2012, 09:24,
i think the key phrase in that article was "this annual exercise"...which says alot, possibly not as much to be worried about as it first suggests! sure they are war games and it is an unprecedented show of force in the region, but its an annual thing and its a well known high priority spot thats always been on the radar if any of the bordering countries erupts in a war as that place will be one of the main leverage points for the global market Smile
17 September 2012, 11:53,
War games are and always have been a way of showing off your stuff to the enemy, posturing if you like to say "come and have a go if you think your hard enough"

with Russia withdrawing, they've also cut off Syria's arms shipments AND turned off their missile early warning system...
Such a change from before when they were backing them all the way.Huh
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 September 2012, 11:59,
Lets be very clear about this , its not a case of good versus evil here, its two faces of evil ( Israel and Iran) trying to fight a war by proxy.
Israel always trys to get Americans and Brits to do the dying for its cause and Iran trys to get any naeive muslim groups from across the world to fight their cause, but make no bones about it both sides are equally evil and odious.

17 September 2012, 12:01,
Dont you just wish their gods would come and take them all away....
The world would be such a lovely quiet place again...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
17 September 2012, 12:55,
(17 September 2012, 12:01)Prepper1 Wrote: Dont you just wish their gods would come and take them all away....
The world would be such a lovely quiet place again...

thats a nice thought Prepper 1!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 September 2012, 13:00,
I'm really concerned about the 35% figure. 35% of the worlds oil passes through the straight of Hormuz.
At least Israel, the more heavily armed side, has its missiles pointed at Iran only, and maybe Palistine.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
17 September 2012, 19:33,
Yeah , I've no probs with the Israelis at all , they're 'sometimes' the only voice of sanity and reason in the whole region.

More often than not they have proved more adept at manipulating the worlds major powers than the arabs/muslims , but make no mistake , they are just as bloodthirsty as the rest of them.

I respect the Israelis for the stand and attitude they have made against the whole extremist/jihadi thing , the western world should adopt the same attitude , and thats not against 'tolerant' muslims , but against the hardliners.

Nuke the frakkin lot of them , and toss those over here - back over there, to enjoy the radio waves from the blast zones.
They can burn all the flags and murder all the ambassadors they want - as they watch their teeth fall out and lose weight and hair.

I've had enough multi-culturalism , some of these cultures that the do-gooders protect just are not compatible with OUR way of life.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
17 September 2012, 20:16,
TLN. Couldn't agree more with what you've said.