Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappear
18 September 2012, 14:21,
Disappear
I've often thought of trying to disappear indefinately. Firstly is this remotely possible in the uk and secondly where would the best places be.
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."
18 September 2012, 14:39,
RE: Disappear
depends, what are you going to do for food, water and shelter?? at some point you may need access to money, you can be tracked by your ATM card or credit/debit card even if you only use it to withdraw cash.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 September 2012, 17:00,
ive often wondered about this as well, as to being found, i suppose you could wildcamp and always be on the move after a few days, displacing your location, as for money, you could save up as much as possible then buy from supermarkets what you need, say beans/pasta/rice, stuff like that with cash, sure they will have you on cctv but they wont have a fixed address for you

as for location, there aren't many more places in the uk left where you can go indefinately, which is why i mentioned the displacing idea, making a wildcamp, staying for a few days, then packing up and moving somewhere else, taking the bushcraft idea of leaving the place as you found it
18 September 2012, 17:08, (This post was last modified: 18 September 2012, 17:08 by Paul.)
Going invisible is not easy.
Also if you haven't lived on the streets you'll not appreciate how many times and for what you need ID for.

As BP says, it's all about the money.
Get work which is not cash in hand i.e. PAYE, you'll need a national insurance number or P45 & a previous employer.
All to be check-able by phone minimum.
Self employed, sub contracting, national insurance and self employed certificate.

Drive a car?
Insurance, tax, driving licence?
In today's CCTV computer world, they are linked and one scan by the right camera or a nosy plod will bring unwelcome attention.

Medical services?
National insurance number / nhs number.
Even if you lie, all computers and databases are being linked.
Anything more than casual medical treatment and you'll get flagged.
OK not fully working throughout the country BUT can you afford to slip up.

Accomodation.
B&B, motel, private room, probably ok.
Letting or buying a property, no chance.
You'll need a bank account, photo id, deposit, and probably a national insurance number. Not forgetting references if you are too young.

Bank account.
Birth Certificate, Photo ID, utilities bill, proof of address, and depending on how old you are, references. National insurance number, and P60 even.

Post?
Even if you think you can just general delivery your post, you'll need ID to pick it up.
Photo ID so that's a driving licence or passport, or in date utilities bill.
You'll need an accommodation address.

You'd be better off purchasing a legend for round £5 grand and even then how do you know it's all going to pan out?
Not that I've researched this in any way Smile

18 September 2012, 17:29,
for the full explanation read: http://www.textfiles.com/survival/dissapp.txt its American but its makes interesting reading.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 September 2012, 18:21,
Spied on, tracked, watched...no where to hide is there? Hmmmmm....CONTROL AND MANIPULATION springs to mind....
18 September 2012, 18:39,
(18 September 2012, 17:29)bigpaul Wrote: for the full explanation read: http://www.textfiles.com/survival/dissapp.txt its American but its makes interesting reading.Big Grin
You want to learn how to disappear quicky?
Live on the streets for a while.
Back in the early 80's it was easy, now with our surveillance society, not so.
Still thousands of folk just wander off never to be seen again.
Some intentionally.

19 September 2012, 18:50,
I disappeared about two years ago.

House and bills in brother's company name- officially I don't live here.

Post goes to PO Box in town or parents'

personal bank account/ medical card tied to parents' address which isn't here.

If anyone asks Mum where I am, told offshore/abroad working. (true sometimes- being freelance)

My old boss tried to find me two months ago. Got as far as leaving a message with dear old Mum.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
19 September 2012, 19:11,
Not so easy to do. In good old us of a disappearing is easier, gun laws more relaxed to make living off the land more of an option.
Money is the biggest consideration as even wild camping which i like the idea of will require new kit as no matter how good what you have is it will wear out.
But i am tempted for sure to give it a try someties
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."
19 September 2012, 22:57,
you could always buy a new identity if money isnt much of an issue, new drivers license and passport etc, not as hard to get as you might think Smile...but yeah US is alot easier to disappear into Tongue