Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
19 September 2012, 14:09,
TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
For those of you muppets who are both nice, considerate and naeive enough to think its OK to interact with journos, read this article.

Then consider this point if the police in gun Liberal Kansas are willing to prosecute a survivalist in a state where guns are the norm, Then just bloody well consider what the left wing, politically correct, knee jerk fear mongering hysteria driven British police would do. Indeed the average British cop almost wets themselves in a hysterical frenzy in they think a sheeple is carrying a knife, Imagine how may "" Accidental"" shootings they would do to ordinary people who they thought may be armed in some way.

You have two options, stay legal and dont own guns like me, or get an FAC, be on their radar thats your right of choice, But for christs sake Dont Talk To The Media.

http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper...s-him-out/

19 September 2012, 14:21,
RE: TALKING TO JOUNALISTS, learn this lesson
most of the preppers from that show id imagine have had a talking to from "the law" one of them had his weapons taken off him as they claimed he was "mentally unstable"
whats unstable about being prepared, nothing, its the scouts motto (been quite a few years since i went but hey-ho) and being 27 i can appreciate all the hikes we went on, the map reading and skills we learnt. Air-rifles are legal, crossbows are legal (to own but not use unless on private land and well away from public) but if it does hit the fan still be wary of the plod on the prowl because even in a wrol situation they will become monsters
19 September 2012, 15:25,
From the link:

Quote:The only source of information for the storage unit search warrant came from Joe Scott, Mr. Dutton’s ex-wife’s boyfriend. Mr. Scott often came to Mr. Dutton’s apartment to pick up Mr. Dutton’s daughter for her visitation. During these visits, Mr. Dutton and Mr. Scott discussed firearms, fireworks, and other explosives.
…
On August 23, 2011, Mr. Scott went to the Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office to tell them about the conversations he had had with Mr. Dutton. Based on Mr. Scott’s information, local law enforcement officer, Captain Lumley, prepared an affidavit supporting the search warrant.
Joe Scott came to the Greenwood county Sheriff’s Office to report that Alfred Dutton Jr. possibly had explosives. Scott said that on or about August 9th of 2011 he had gone to Dutton’s apartment to pick up a minor child per court visitation. While standing and talking with Dutton he produced a small cylindrical device about the size, Scott thought, of a triple A battery. Dutton asked if he knew what it was and when Joe said he didn’t Dutton told him it was a fuse for a hand grenade.
During their talk Dutton had said he ordered fuses from the internet and when they arrived and found they were what he wanted he was then going to order Grenade hulls and claymore mine hulls because the fuse worked in either one. When Scott went to pick up the child on August 16th Dutton told him that he could not find the black powder he needed that [sic] to complete the devices and had to order it from Cabela’s website on the internet.
Scott said when Dutton told him that he ordered the black powder he became concerned for safety reasons of the minor child and public safety of the residents around him in the apartment complex. Scott gave me a package of 20foot safety fuse and told me that Dutton had given it to him just after July 4th of 2010 to “blow stuff up” if he ever needed to, Scott has become concerned because Dutton told him when the government starts to round up citizens he will be one of the first because of his military background.

Source: Dept. of Justice

Sounds like he brought it on himself to be honest. Nowt to do with the media - if he'd kept his mouth shut he'd probably still have his liberty.
19 September 2012, 15:59,
All this wouldn't have stopped some slime ball journo joining this forum ages ago sitting quietly on the sidelines dreaming up his (or her) Pulitzer prize article.

Still, TPTB know who we are anyway, all that's probably missing is our mug shots!
One of the many reasons I don't attend RV's.

19 September 2012, 16:34, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2012, 16:35 by NorthernRaider.)
(19 September 2012, 15:25)00111001 Wrote: Sounds like he brought it on himself to be honest. Nowt to do with the media - if he'd kept his mouth shut he'd probably still have his liberty.

Thats the point binary,we need to keep our yaps shut and mugs out of the media, these attention hogs either side of the pond are a bloody liability, and what really pisses me off is some many of them imply subliminaly at least they they are speaking as representatives of the prepper community.
(19 September 2012, 15:59)Paul Wrote: All this wouldn't have stopped some slime ball journo joining this forum ages ago sitting quietly on the sidelines dreaming up his (or her) Pulitzer prize article.

Still, TPTB know who we are anyway, all that's probably missing is our mug shots!
One of the many reasons I don't attend RV's.

The thing is Paul 99.9% of us have nothing to hide, we remain law abidding and respectful, its a pity that so many of us are put off meeting face to face.

19 September 2012, 17:21,
Yep, same here, nothing to hide, honest as the day is long Angel

As for talking to a journo?
I'm scratching round trying to find an article written about a friend of mine.
When I find it I'll post the link.
It described how he was living off grid in Wales.
Journo had approached him, all friendly like.
The result of the "unbiased article" was a visit by DEFRA and the police after a misquote about shooting things with his bow on his small holding 'for food'.

What was actually said was he regularly practiced with his bow and rabbit that he shoot on his land with an airgun went into his pot.
Small difference, but made him a person of interest.

He's long gone from Wales now.
He had to sell up and move on.
Why? Because of a XYZ journo!

19 September 2012, 18:10,
its like with the shooting of the 2 policewomen in Manchester, the media were all over the "unarmed policewomen" phrase, try to scare the public and get the police force armed, thanks but no thanks,what stops a criminal shooting another police officer then taking there weapon, just means the gangs get armed quicker
19 September 2012, 19:12, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2012, 19:13 by NorthernRaider.)
If we arm all our police it wont protect them from abushs like the one that killed to two female cops or the cops killed or blinded by Raul Moat, all that WILL happen if we arm all the cops if there will be even more accidental shootings of inocent people.
British cops with guns ends up with the same end result of giving babies razor blades to play with.

19 September 2012, 19:27,
Quick! That guy has a table
Leg in a Plastic bag! Shoot him!
19 September 2012, 19:36,
(19 September 2012, 19:27)Carnebwen Wrote: Quick! That guy has a table
Leg in a Plastic bag! Shoot him!

And the guy laying naked in bed, and the guy driving a mini the same colour as an armed robbers etc.