Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sheeple are definately impacting on our BO Plans
20 September 2012, 09:10,
The sheeple are definately impacting on our BO Plans
I know more and more of us are revising our plans from Bugging Out and Bug Out Bags in favour of Bugging In and Get Me Home bags. but still many preppers still have to commute to work or may often find themselves away from home on a very regular basis so more of us than ever are trying to be as localised as possible.

Now one thing I truly hate is getting mixed up with the worker drones twice daily commute, morning and night the roads are clogged with automatons going to and from work and for much of those journeys the drivers are in an almost catatonic state. Just because they have driven the same route in the same car at the same speed whilst listening to the same radio station means 99% of them turn off and get it into their pea sized brains that cos they did not crash the previous 3000 days they wont crash today. This is why every day the traffic reports are filled with stories of multiple pile ups along the same routes every day as the sheeple just plough on regardless of road conditions and the traffic ahead has stopped moving.

So as for example the junction of the A689 and A19 is closed nigh on twice a day sometimes often four out of five days in a row because some tosser is doing his normal 70mph commute whilst eating a pasty with one hand, a cell phone for texting with the other hand and steeing with his knees ploughs into the back of stationary traffic caused by either another retard in a car or farmer Giles trundling along the road with 30 tons of pig slurry slopping out of his trailer.

What affect this has had is rather annoying because since the development and issue of SAT NAVs many sheeple now often press the Alternative Route button which then steers them down the B and C roads much beloved by preppers for getting around on.

So now we find the city dweliing dweebs in their two wheel drive low ground clearance chav mobiles, Astras, Cavaliers, Mondeos, Golfs, Peugeots etc STILL belting along eating pastys and texting, STILL doing 70 mph, STILL with both their brains in neutral as they listen to Simon Bates and not noticing the road is now only 7 ft wide, undulating and slippy.

The retards are now crashing almost daily on the minor roads preppers like me use to get from A to B quietly and securely thus making many once almost unused C roads as busy as the A1 during rush hour. And as most of you are aware Rush Hour can now extend to 3 hours twice a day thus almost guarenteeing that if we need a B or C road as part of a bug out plan you are likely to find some overpaid dickhead in saloon car on its roof or embedded in a horse at the most restricted spot on that road.

This means even more hard work for preppers like me because of the lemmings stupidity as I now have to recce in even greater depth these routes looking in every gate of field access point and noting that if I'm forced to leave the B and C roads because of dead sheeple I can get past the blockage through the fields or on the tractor trails through most fields.

This also means I still need to focus my transport on four wheel drive high ground clearance vehicles which adds expense all cos of tossers to selfish or stupid to live nearer their jobs.

20 September 2012, 09:32,
RE: The sheeple are definately impacting on our BO Plans
Living in the countryside we tend to know the "cut throughs" and what time of day to avoid them, a lot of the roads we use are little more than farm tracks and the only vehicle we are likely to meet is a tractor! mind you, the farmer is just as likely to roll down his window and stop for a yap as anything else!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2012, 11:24,
I have a 100 mile round trip to work and back on a daily basis. I'd love to either live closer to work, or work closer to home. BUT - trying to find suitable accommodation near work for a reasonable sum is impossible, and trying to find a job that pays enough to keep me in the lifestyle I'm accustomed to near home is again almost impossible.

Not much I can do? Apart from jack my job in and sign on Wink
20 September 2012, 13:33,
Average commute round here is 100 miles a week as well.
Luckily there is a speed limitation 24/7 round here.
It's called farm machinery aka TRACTORS!
Biggest danger round here is the 4x4's.
Mostly driven by OAP's most of who can't even see over the steering wheel.

20 September 2012, 13:36,
(20 September 2012, 13:33)Paul Wrote: Average commute round here is 100 miles a week as well.

Mine's 100 miles per day chap Sad

And I drive a 4x4 Big Grin
20 September 2012, 13:47,
there is a lot to be said for semi-retirement!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 September 2012, 13:52,
(20 September 2012, 13:36)00111001 Wrote:
(20 September 2012, 13:33)Paul Wrote: Average commute round here is 100 miles a week as well.

Whoops, as for driving a 4x4, bet you can see over the steering wheel without sitting on a cushion like the twerp was who ran me off the road.

20 September 2012, 13:57,
(20 September 2012, 13:52)Paul Wrote:

Whoops, as for driving a 4x4, bet you can see over the steering wheel without sitting on a cushion like the twerp was who ran me off the road.
my sister was down for a visit last week, took her out into the countryside, we were driving down a quiet, isolated country lane when this a###hole come scorching up the middle of the road like sh1t off a shovel, just managed to drive into the verge and miss him by inches, no acknowledgement from him, got a blast of my horn but he was gone in seconds.
20 September 2012, 14:01,
(20 September 2012, 13:52)Paul Wrote:

Indeed I can Big Grin

Unfortunately I'm stuck on either the M3 or the A34 for 99% of my journey, so I only have to deal with dickheads in their BMWs or Audis who seem to think cause their car is faster than my truck I should automatically get out of the way, even though the car in front of me is going the same speed I am...

But it's very rare these days that I go over 60 to be honest.

20 September 2012, 19:46,
My average commute every 4 weeks rotation is Nigeria, so i'm stuffed if the timing is wrong.
However i do carry certain gear just in case.
Last time heading home i was stuck in Frankfurt for 12 hours, onward flight cancelled etc due to strike.
However as well as the basics that airlines will allow me to carry i have loaded card. If TSHTF happens i have instant access to cash but i'm guessing only for a short period before chaos takes over.
Any other ideas you guys can suggest, carrying cash or gold is not an option. Even on a good day the Nigerians would have it all away.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."