Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouping together
7 October 2012, 21:57, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2012, 22:15 by Wildman.)
RE: Grouping together
grouping together would be the right thing imo but arguing is only beneficial to the people observing, as long as they have the notion to remind them selfs not to do the same. disputing is the positive side of a discussion.
if e.g tshtf. many formed groups could be in constant contact with many plans thought out for many eventuality's. many brains up and down the nation not grouping as a whole but many wholes. realisticly the group's would be relativly small but the more organised anything is the better chance it has of susses.
but slamming someone over a difference which affects no one (in a survival situation) i'de be thinking "bloody nice one gom, there goes our boats, fish, pass to another country,trade,ect.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
8 October 2012, 07:02,
(7 October 2012, 21:57)Wildman Wrote: grouping together would be the right thing imo but arguing is only beneficial to the people observing, as long as they have the notion to remind them selfs not to do the same.

Rolleyes I`m not arguing with anybody Wildbro, that would be fruitless Wink I am just amused with certain peoples clandestine, gung-ho & macho attitudes...!!! Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 11:10,
(8 October 2012, 07:02)BrixhamBadger Wrote:
(7 October 2012, 21:57)Wildman Wrote: grouping together would be the right thing imo but arguing is only beneficial to the people observing, as long as they have the notion to remind them selfs not to do the same.

Rolleyes I`m not arguing with anybody Wildbro, that would be fruitless Wink I am just amused with certain peoples clandestine, gung-ho & macho attitudes...!!! Smile

No arguments here, but there's nowt wrong with a good discussion Smile

I don't think anyone was being "gung-ho" or macho, just discussing the pro's and con's of a group. BB implied that he wants no part of it in previous posts - I was just trying to point out the benefits. Then it all went a bit off topic Rolleyes

Having a group is very helpful, not just PSHTF but now too.

@ BB: It's all well and good saying you'd float off into the sunset (presumably alone from your posts above?), but surely you would fare better with a group of people with you? I presume you have some big boats? Don't these need more than one or two people to "man" them efficiently? Genuine questions as the only water going vehicles I've had were a speed boat and a jet-ski.
8 October 2012, 11:47,
i think it depends on the size of the boat and what kind of fishing they do? i mean a crabber can be operated by 1 or 2 people, but a trawler probably needs 2 or 3 maybe more, my previous brother in law operated a coaster that could be run by just a few people.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 11:50,
(8 October 2012, 11:47)bigpaul Wrote: i think it depends on the size of the boat and what kind of fishing they do? i mean a crabber can be operated by 1 or 2 people, but a trawler probably needs 2 or 3 maybe more, my previous brother in law operated a coaster that could be run by just a few people.

And how many Somalian pirates does it take to get a tanker?
6?

I'd want a group of friends with me Big Grin
8 October 2012, 11:55,
(8 October 2012, 11:50)BeardyMan Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 11:47)bigpaul Wrote: i think it depends on the size of the boat and what kind of fishing they do? i mean a crabber can be operated by 1 or 2 people, but a trawler probably needs 2 or 3 maybe more, my previous brother in law operated a coaster that could be run by just a few people.

6?

thats why i'm staying on dry land, my friend!!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 12:18,
(8 October 2012, 11:55)bigpaul Wrote:

6?

I doubt there are many Somali pirates eying up the Brixham coast as their next happy hunting ground...

Besides, if they captured a Brixham seadogthey'd soon be overpowered by the smell of him and let him go.......maybe they's even pay him to go?

Not alludingto you there BB, just coincidental Angel
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 12:21,
(8 October 2012, 12:18)Lightspeed Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 11:55)bigpaul Wrote:

6?

I doubt there are many Somali pirates eying up the Brixham coast as their next happy hunting ground...

Besides, if they captured a Brixham seadogthey'd soon be overpowered by the smell of him and let him go.......maybe they's even pay him to go?

Not alludingto you there BB, just coincidental Angel

The "Somali" reference was just to show how many people can take a massive tanker, not a literal reference to Somali's on the hunt around the south coast of England
Rolleyes
8 October 2012, 12:33,
Photo  RE: Grouping together
(8 October 2012, 11:10)BeardyMan Wrote: Having a group is very helpful, not just PSHTF but now too.

@ BB: It's all well and good saying you'd float off into the sunset (presumably alone from your posts above?), but surely you would fare better with a group of people with you? I presume you have some big boats? Don't these need more than one or two people to "man" them efficiently? Genuine questions as the only water going vehicles I've had were a speed boat and a jet-ski.

Bro, I am no loner Wink I have family & close friends who, if/when t.s.h.t.f. shall be taken care of to my up-most abilities, I am, in my (almost) 60 years on this Planet, self taught & trained by Her Majesties finest in one or two "skills" & I have leadership skills to boot. Shy Don`t judge a book by its cover... get to know me & you could be pleasantly surprised...!!! Tongue

[Image: 523166_4547581324751_1880618641_n.jpg]

Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 12:36,
(8 October 2012, 12:33)BrixhamBadger Wrote: [Image: 523166_4547581324751_1880618641_n.jpg]

Now that's a cool boat!

Apologies then sir, from your posts it looked as though you were "going it alone".