Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WATER BOBS
21 September 2012, 09:51, (This post was last modified: 21 September 2012, 09:52 by NorthernRaider.)
WATER BOBS
I've had a good 7 or 8 enquiries this am from preppers wanting Water BoBs and wanting to know where they can get them. They are available off E bay from the US at about £22 plus about £12 postage from the US.

I dont like em , JL in Liberal KS had one, it was still new and in the bag and had been stored for about 3 years, when he got it out to demonstrate to me what it was and how it worked it cracked in three places where it had been folded leaking water everywhere.

Basically its a food grade bag thats bathtub shaped and you fill it with water in a crisis during an emergency. but they are delicate, they are immobile and if that one large container gets tained you have lost a huge percentage of your water reserve.

But if you fill multiple 5 gallon polythene or polypropalene water containers you can store loads of em in your bathtub if thats your desire, and they are much tougher, more rugged, portable and if one is tained the rest should be fine.

Isnt it amazing how some folks just react instinctively to what they see on TV and instead of thinking what do they actually need and what works best ? they just decide " I want one of those". I fear our community (or parts of it at least) is just loaded with daydreamers and instinctive shoppers.
Just double checked it was 5 enquiries and 2 were from the same couple !! sorry for the inaccuracy.

21 September 2012, 10:33,
RE: WATER BOBS
I totally misunderstood the initial use of this thread. I thought you were going to talk about waterproof BOB's haha. I do a bit of diving, a few times a year, and was going to pop in with some (hopefully) helpful bits of info.

I think, in regards to carrying water, I'll go with a plan discussed a while back. Carry what you need until you can get to mapped and remembered water sources, then just purify and drink as needed. I think it was NR or BP that said, 'Better to find a stream that will last forever, than carry a water bottle that will last 1 hour.' Having said that, SD said 'Better to have both' haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 September 2012, 10:43,
Scythe its about the plastic bag bath shaped water containers the merkins had on tv last night. Smile

21 September 2012, 11:39,
(21 September 2012, 10:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: Scythe its about the plastic bag bath shaped water containers the merkins had on tv last night. Smile

I'm really pathetic and don't watch TV. You guys are 70% of my 'news on the outside world' source. Busy busy!!!

I'm sticking to a CamalBak.
21 September 2012, 11:45,
(21 September 2012, 11:39)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm really pathetic and don't watch TV. You guys are 70% of my 'news on the outside world' source. Busy busy!!!

I'm sticking to a CamalBak.

What ever your sexual preferences are its not something we need to know thanks Smile

21 September 2012, 12:02,
Don't act like you don't want to hear all about how I get hot and sweating, while carrying it and having it bounce around....until I can tie it down to keep it in place......oh wait.....that sounds wrong haha.
21 September 2012, 12:30,
Skean Dhude used to be a member of that same erm " gentlemans" club intil the incident with the Hamster, piece of Celery and a hoover. I think they asked him to leave !! Smile

21 September 2012, 12:40,
Don't pass the blame. Everyone on that site know's it was you Mr N'HamsterMan'R!!!!
21 September 2012, 12:47,
I'm still a member. After that incident I was promoted into the exclusive section.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2012, 13:50,
No I was thrown out cos of the misunderstanding between me a tube of squirty cream and the 6th form of Cheltenham Ladies College