Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in
22 September 2012, 01:07,
Bug in
Been reading what sd and nr been wrightIng a out just traveling around how easy it is for traffic jams to start and how easy the accident s happen
Can you imagine how bad it will be after an event I really am coming round to the fact I will have to bug in untill I feel or I no I can move about with some ease
I know I may have to move to a. Bo if I have fair warning or something is happening in my locality but if I can hang on in safety then I will stay
I mean how quick could you up sticks and get to your bug out is it across country main roads or walking distance

Bd
22 September 2012, 06:54,
RE: Bug in
the vast majority of us are planning on bugging in and only bugging out if really really have to
22 September 2012, 07:26,
Prep for both. I dont have a steady bol,i will have to break into all my bol.
22 September 2012, 12:58,
(22 September 2012, 07:26)Metroyeti Wrote: Prep for both. I dont have a steady bol,i will have to break into all my bol.

I think this is the mindset of most urban preppers who aren't wealthy enough to have a second home purely for bugging out.
If I bug out, I wouldn't be going very far - I would recce the area at night/very early morning and just bug out to a nearby abandoned house.
22 September 2012, 13:10,
(22 September 2012, 12:58)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(22 September 2012, 07:26)Metroyeti Wrote: Prep for both. I dont have a steady bol,i will have to break into all my bol.

I think this is the mindset of most urban preppers who aren't wealthy enough to have a second home purely for bugging out.
If I bug out, I wouldn't be going very far - I would recce the area at night/very early morning and just bug out to a nearby abandoned house.

thats what we plan to do but have already checked out my BOL property BEFORE we need it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 13:21, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 13:23 by NorthernRaider.)
I am starting to feel that for colleagues who still wish to bug OUT they have to either (A) Be so up to date on intel they can bug out in advance of the sheeple panicing , or (B) have to resort to two wheeled, riverine or 4 legged transport systems or hoof it.

Actually even those of us planning on bugging IN need to look sensibly how on earth they are going to get home in a hurry if TSHTF from school, college, office or factory or if like a few of our colleagues your repmobile is your office and you are a mobile sevice provider. If for example you were a mobile technician galovanting around the country in a car I think you ought to be thinking about keeping a folding bicycle or micro moped in your boot.
Its moments like this and threads like this make me wish there was more preppers up here in the north east I could sit down and talk to face to face for a few hours each month.

22 September 2012, 13:47,
(22 September 2012, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote:

thats what we plan to do but have already checked out my BOL property BEFORE we need it.

I certainly like your plan and wish I could do something similar, but there's not too many empty holiday homes in or around my city lol. Unfortunately I won't know which houses are going to be abandoned until SHTF, but I think a regular recce of the area would see more and more houses being abandoned pretty quickly.
22 September 2012, 14:26,
(22 September 2012, 13:47)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(22 September 2012, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote:

I certainly like your plan and wish I could do something similar, but there's not too many empty holiday homes in or around my city lol. Unfortunately I won't know which houses are going to be abandoned until SHTF, but I think a regular recce of the area would see more and more houses being abandoned pretty quickly.
Thankfully i live in an area where there is plenty of unused and abandoned farm property, my principal BOL is an unused (not used since 2005) farm cottage with its own walk in pantry...Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2012, 21:11,
bugging in for me is a none starter although semi rural i just as well put a sign up ... flanked by a road one side and a foot path the other side, can,t see how that would work defence wise , given up the idea of a bunker even thow i got loads of room. looked at a farm house last sat (perfect) 1100ft elevation isolated like you would not believe, asking price £95 k they will never get that and they know it which is good THE PROBLEM IS the money ...my place is for sale and ...you guessed it no takers ..my back up bol not found yet got some plans but nothing solid, SD in one post said mid wales and isolated , have to agree with him ..but like most of us few will have the means NR given good ideas on his posts and alot of others to. if we look for the signs and recognise unfolding events we should have the time to BO . If you bug in the danger is you feel safer the you are and conflict with none preparred will be swift and odds are not good less you got a 50 cal auto .... my bow and crossbow would struggle a bit but i have one master stroke... my pa ... i will play (my bomarang won,t come back ) charlie drake ....... DON,T MESS WITH straight shooter i can be real nasty
23 September 2012, 09:14,
(22 September 2012, 21:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: bugging in for me is a none starter although semi rural i just as well put a sign up ... flanked by a road one side and a foot path the other side, can,t see how that would work defence wise , given up the idea of a bunker even thow i got loads of room. looked at a farm house last sat (perfect) 1100ft elevation isolated like you would not believe, asking price £95 k they will never get that and they know it which is good THE PROBLEM IS the money ...my place is for sale and ...you guessed it no takers ..my back up bol not found yet got some plans but nothing solid, SD in one post said mid wales and isolated , have to agree with him ..but like most of us few will have the means NR given good ideas on his posts and alot of others to. if we look for the signs and recognise unfolding events we should have the time to BO . If you bug in the danger is you feel safer the you are and conflict with none preparred will be swift and odds are not good less you got a 50 cal auto .... my bow and crossbow would struggle a bit but i have one master stroke... my pa ... i will play (my bomarang won,t come back ) charlie drake ....... DON,T MESS WITH straight shooter i can be real nasty
£95K IS THAT ALL?? thats cheap, anything around here, rural, remote, you can put a 2 on the front!!Big Grin