Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feet First
22 September 2012, 18:21,
Feet First
One day there will be no Clarks, No shoe Zone, No Barrets...Then what?
Take a butchers at this ...O.K not exactly UGG boots but better than nothing, and the hole puncture thingymabob is sumat you might want to think about putting in your BOB?
http://earthandliving.blogspot.co.uk/200...rt-of.html
22 September 2012, 18:24, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2012, 18:25 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Feet First
I've seen folks retread boots like Danner Arcadias using slices of car tyres.
What a fascinating article as well.

22 September 2012, 19:31,
I'm going with this basic system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF6aGK5AhpA

Got me a pair, and I'm working towards running in them. Be screwed for winter, but the basic idea is similar. The tool used to punch a hole in the hurachi's is really small (a very thick cocktail stick really) and I have 2 (one for me, one for the misses). It's basically a small leather punch. Really easy to carry, and really damn sharp!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 September 2012, 19:48,
Not seen the leather punch but the older style multi tools or before that pen knives had a tool just for that and in some cases a hole in it for adding thread or sinew
Leon__xx

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."
23 September 2012, 08:58,
this is why i've got 4 pairs of walking boots, 2 pairs of Docks and a pair of Cat boots, when i wear 1 pair out i buy 2 more, so that i've always got a stock when it all goes pear shaped!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2012, 09:51,
What happens if we were to have a very, very hot summer? Your feet will sweat in those heavy boots Sad
23 September 2012, 09:52,
(23 September 2012, 09:51)Prepaday Wrote: What happens if we were to have a very, very hot summer? Your feet will sweat in those heavy boots Sad

i wear boots all year round, my only shoes, you tend to get used to them Smile
23 September 2012, 10:02,
(23 September 2012, 09:52)Hrusai Wrote:
(23 September 2012, 09:51)Prepaday Wrote: What happens if we were to have a very, very hot summer? Your feet will sweat in those heavy boots Sad

i wear boots all year round, my only shoes, you tend to get used to them Smile

i used to wear govt. surplus big heavy ex Army boots(cos they were cheap) like Hrusai says you get used to them, i reckon we'll get used to a lot of things post SHTFBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 September 2012, 10:03,
99% of the time i wear my Soldier 95 Issue assault boots they only cost £10 and you cant beat them
23 September 2012, 10:09,
like this?: http://www.militarykit.com i cant wear high leg boots cos i've got rather thick ankles !Angry