Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HN's home security scenario
2 October 2012, 21:41,
RE: HN's home security scenario
(23 September 2012, 12:01)HunterNurturer Wrote: OK folks, here's the scenario (SCENARIO IS POST SHTF, PROPERTY IS ENTIRELY LEGAL UNTIL THEN):

[Image: pt0xx.jpg]

You live in the house marked with the red X.
2 doors front and back, both with london/birmingham bars and front door barricaded when SHTF. Alleyway along side of house barricaded when SHTF. Anti-climb paint on alley barricade, back gate and front and back doors to prevent intruders from getting a solid kick.
Downstairs windows coated in anti-burglarly film, carpet grippers on outside window sills, windows boarded up from inside and the boards hidden by blackout curtains. Blackberry bushes underneath the downstairs window at the front of the house.
Upstairs front and back windows will be used for security ie. watchpost, shooting air rifle/crossbow, throwing boiling water. If absolutely necessary, super soaker filled with petrol to target group of attackers, then petrol bomb. Fire extinguishers and fire blankets throughout the house.
Unsure what to do with main "attacking" upstairs windows. Other upstairs window will be boarded. Main windows may be boarded half-way with only the opening side exposed, which may be covered in anti-shatter film and removeable boarding with small viewing hole.
Bulldog in house as early warning system. 3 bodies inside the house, 2 capable of shooting, 1 of those trained in hand to hand combat and knife fighting. The one incapable of shooting/fighting would be boiling water, arranging ammo and then guarding the opposite side of the house.

So - how would you improve security? What else should I be thinking about? What would be your main concerns? How would YOU attack this house? What little nasties would you put outside to secure the outer perimeter like tripwires or pyrotechnics? If other houses were abandoned, which would you choose as a secondary fighting position or temporary BOL?
I look forward to hearing responses. I know this is hardly the optimal location, but please hold yourselves back from advising me to move house, it's just not a viable option right now.
hello fela, i was reading your post last night and wanted to answer but was not registered yet(this is my second post lol)
well, i would "dig in" a underground tunnel and room with another tunnel leading well away from the property. now this hidden room can serve many purposes. atom bomb fall out bunker, larder, illegal storage(if the time came) a get away bag should be there to to grab on your way out. and once out who's to say your car batteries aren't waiting rigged to the house lol. also any electric cable duct taped to a peace of wood and plugged in to the wall is deadly. lean it on anything conductive, re-wire the switch to your safe place and bingo electric anything protection at your controll i.e your garden fence, door handle ect need only be dangerous when you think it should be. but my choice would be not to stay at my home and to roam. oh yeah just remembered about these blank firing 12 shots. that fit into a trip system or mine system and are used to scare away odds and sods. when the hearts beating fast coz your on the rob, the ground exploding with turf flying up in ya face is going to make you think twice. and remember in a pack it only takes one to scare the lot. i hope you find this helpfull and i stress that you never trie any of the above unless your survival depends on it.
7 October 2012, 01:12,
RE: HN's home security scenario
thanks NR for trying to answer the post i left, i do know the answers but the question and point i was trying to make is we can't go on for ever alone not trusting each other just waiting for something to happen
by then we can't trust any one we will have too much to lose if we make the wrong choice? we all carry hope that after an event things will go back to some kind of paceful place and if we don't hurt no one then no one will hurt us
and by thinking like this we paint a future that we can live in that will fit us?
a wise man once told me the key to survival is HOPE the believe that we will be saved at the end of that horrible hard time and we can have a good time again
but what if the future is not how we think it should be and can't get it our way how long we put up with the shit and hartache before we lose the will to live.
now if any of are family take ill we have hospitals, doctors and everthing to treat us i could go on with examples but in a broken world our chances go down fast.
prepping for little hard times is fine bad winters etc. and self sur is all good but the thought of the end times i think a lot of people wont be able to handle it even the ones who have a plan.
i'am canny crap at getting my point over with works ahhhhh!
i hope you understand what i am trying to get across
to win the war, you must be willing to die