Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HN's home security scenario
23 September 2012, 23:18, (This post was last modified: 23 September 2012, 23:27 by Scythe13.)
RE: HN's home security scenario
Totally sack off the anti climb paint.

That stuff is only used to get people's finger prints, and to stain their skin. Also, because it's quite thick, they can just scrape it off with a stick (like we used to, when we climbed the gate at school to skateboard the nicer surfaces....yes I'm young/old enough to remember when anti-climb paint first came out). You're better with barbed wire or something like that.
As NR says, neighbours!

I'd break in to your home through your roof. Easy to jump from one roof to another, from the looks of it.

If the outside of your house gets attacked with a fire bomb, how would you put it out from the inside?

Have you thought of getting metal 'boarded up house' sheeting? Make it look abandoned, and if nobody attacks an abandoned house because there's nothing they need in it, it's much easier to defend. In theory, it takes nobody to defend a house that isn't being attacked.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 September 2012, 07:54, (This post was last modified: 24 September 2012, 07:59 by NorthernRaider.)
Lets not go off on a panic trip here, in reality what are the chances of a mod decending onto his house, in reality most people wont resort to FORCING their way into other peoples homes until they are pretty much rather desperate and starving, and in that its a fair assumption they will be weak and hungry just looking for easy pickings. Most sheeple will focus on shops, warehouses, schools, hotels etc , then big posh houses, and their will be attrition in their numbers as they proceed gradually weakening them.

Sheeple are not too different to us, they will look at a border up house they may approach only to find their group being shot at, they like us would say " Bugger this for a game of soldiers" and go find a softer target.
I think that if only if his home was consistantly and repeatedly being attacked by the same group should you start thinking that these people are not going to give up til they get in. That leaves you three options, Stay put and fight your ground, bug out to some other place OR follow them back to THEIR base and attack them. I would choose to attack their base first and then bugging out if that does not deter them.

24 September 2012, 11:15,
Nr, They will until all the easy targets are gone then they will be back, very hungry and very determined.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 September 2012, 11:26,
And that gives you plenty of time to erm " expand" your security provisions dunnit? and that should take many long weeks after the event.

24 September 2012, 18:14,
(23 September 2012, 18:49)Skean Dhude Wrote: Couple of burnt out cars blocking a road. It'll be a common sight. Make sure you push them beyond the 60 on the map and block that road rather than yours. Perhaps remove a few wheels to make a permenant fixture for some of them. Get some razor wire or at least some barbed wire for the back fence. You will have all the fardens to grow food in so you can seal the back off all the way along. When you feel comfortable you can then cut a section away to expand into the field. You want to endure you don't emit any smoke so prepare for that. With the surface area you will have free you will have a good water collection plus a large area for solar.

One question. What are you going to do with those that don't move out?

(23 September 2012, 21:30)Paul Wrote: How would YOU attack this house? you ask.
You detail no firearms, I'd find that out as I drove towards you.
Crossbows? How many bolts do you have? 10, 20?
Me, I've got 1/2 a dozen guys with shotguns all shooting #00 buck or 1" slugs and unlimited fuel.

Still looking at your sketch.
I see a one way out, a side pathway along the house, joining gardens, and rear access.
Me, I'd put two guys in the rear side garden with shotguns and loads of bottles of petrol, and one behind at 3 o'clock, with a slug firing shotgun. They're job is to put your rear windows in.
Probably one guy at 12 and 6 o clock just out of view in the houses besides you.
Then I'd just keep chucking petrol at you from the sides and behind until you came out the front into the array of weapons behind the vehicles I'd line up.
Sorry pal.

This was a depressing reality check for a minute...
Then I realised with my new plan I'd be escaping through the attics and hiding or escaping from the house 4 doors down while you guys stand outside waiting for me to pop my head out Big Grin

Seriously the attic escape route is bloody genius, thanks again to whoever mentioned that (NR I think?)

Regarding the neighbours that a couple have asked about - in the beginning they will be ignored as much as possible and I'll be telling them we're out of food ourselves, and waiting for the numbers to thin (I fully expect them to pack up and leave to go join their families before they get close to starving in their homes).
2-3 weeks in I'll reassess the situation. There are 2 guys in the close that I would trust enough to be willing to teach them to make traps, if for no other reason than to stop them getting curious about how we're eating.
If they see me defending my home and make it clear that they would like to do the same, just to help deter raiders from entering the close I would supply some theraband for home made slingshots. But I have no intention of letting any of them know about my storage, and no real intention of forming a group with them other than possibly a mutually beneficial defensive arrangement to give the appearance of strength in numbers. But I'd really rather stay as isolated as possible and give the appearance of a starving, reclusive lunatic who will shoot on a whim Wink
In fact, the first raider I have to shoot (if any) I may go down and slice off his buttocks to give the appearance of being starved and having turned cannibal... nobody's going to want to mess with or join forces with a crazy cannibal Angel
24 September 2012, 18:26,
well put HN, i am in a similar position to you, on an estate of mixed private, bought to let and housing association houses...some flats too, about 200 properties including about 12 flats, we are at the back of the estate on the highest point with only rear gardens behind us..then fields, clear view to the road past the estate 300 yards away, its a "main" road an A road with 4 numbers after it, leads to the next town 13 miles away. a lot of the property is occupied by single mothers "immaculate conception" i call it cos you never see any males, what blokes there are -are heavily outnumbered by the women, i think that most people will leave after "the event" and go to other family members, they dont keep much food in their kitchens anyway...mostly TV dinners if the trolleys in our local Co-op are anything to go by!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 September 2012, 18:43,
(24 September 2012, 18:14)HunterNurturer Wrote: Seriously the attic escape route is bloody genius, thanks again to whoever mentioned that (NR I think?)

Jeez I dispare am I the only one on the forum who studies militia, marquis and freedom fighters tactics during WW2 and how the provos moved around undtected in Ulster.Smile

Road, Pavements, Streets , Lanes, Boulivards etc are NOT the preppers friends,

Tow paths, dirt tracks, storm drains, underground railways, sewers, canal paths and hedgerows are our highways, out of sight and out of mind is the way for us.
Read the Grey Man doctrines for tips Smile

24 September 2012, 20:05,
(24 September 2012, 18:43)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(24 September 2012, 18:14)HunterNurturer Wrote: Seriously the attic escape route is bloody genius, thanks again to whoever mentioned that (NR I think?)

Jeez I dispare am I the only one on the forum who studies militia, marquis and freedom fighters tactics during WW2 and how the provos moved around undtected in Ulster.Smile

Road, Pavements, Streets , Lanes, Boulivards etc are NOT the preppers friends,

Tow paths, dirt tracks, storm drains, underground railways, sewers, canal paths and hedgerows are our highways, out of sight and out of mind is the way for us.
Read the Grey Man doctrines for tips Smile

lol, I'd thought about knocking passages through houses, and thought about hiding in the attic, just never put the two together... d'oh!
25 September 2012, 23:27,
can i ask a few questions that stump me???
when do we sleep and for how long ?
when do we have r & r ?
who keeps covering fire when we reload ?
who gets resupplies ?
who watches our family when we do the other stuff ?
who treats us when we are ill with (man flu lol) and can't do anything ?
how do we keep the vast amount of stock, food and other things we use up and need ?
how do we bug out with everything we need ?
how do we put the enjoyment back into our life ?
to survive we need food, water, shelter and an end goal? e.g lost at sea you know at somepoint you will be saved and go back to your nice life but if theirs no nice life left how long will you want to go on?
we have many service men and women on this site and as a country i think their the best in the world but the ones who have seen active service for any time will understand what am saying war 24/7/364 for how long ???? your own brain will kill you off.
suddenly survival has no point ?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
26 September 2012, 07:59,
(25 September 2012, 23:27)grumpy old man Wrote: can i ask a few questions that stump me???
when do we sleep and for how long ?
when do we have r & r ?
who keeps covering fire when we reload ?
who gets resupplies ?
who watches our family when we do the other stuff ?
who treats us when we are ill with (man flu lol) and can't do anything ?
how do we keep the vast amount of stock, food and other things we use up and need ?
how do we bug out with everything we need ?
how do we put the enjoyment back into our life ?
to survive we need food, water, shelter and an end goal? e.g lost at sea you know at somepoint you will be saved and go back to your nice life but if theirs no nice life left how long will you want to go on?
we have many service men and women on this site and as a country i think their the best in the world but the ones who have seen active service for any time will understand what am saying war 24/7/364 for how long ???? your own brain will kill you off.
suddenly survival has no point ?

If you are single you dont sleep at home unless you are sure you have not been detected, get a barking intruder detector.

If your a family only one person sleeps at any given time, but never at dusk or dawn. If you think you have not been detected the whole family can sleep except for one sentry.

No R & R possibly for months until the violence and civil unrest has stopped completely and people are openly trading and cooperating.

Dunno about covering fire, if you are recieving that amount of incoming its time to run away i believe, if your single you have to run, if your a family one shoots one spots targets. You can throw a petrol bomb to diustract attackers whilst reloading???

Supplies, depends again if your single you must run away and resupply like army scout snipers will do, if your a family the most skilled goes foraging and the rest stand guard.

Actually I am starting to think your post is a bit silly so i wont attempt to finish my post.