Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another step to an Orwellian nightmare UK
25 September 2012, 14:22,
RE: Another step to an Orwellian nightmare UK
What, nuke little black boxes? Big Grin

2 October 2012, 12:39,
(24 September 2012, 09:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: The govt and opposition parties are actively considering scrapping fuel duty, road tax etc and replacing it with a Pay As You Go system that could or is likely to be a black box in your car.......

Yup you get it the state will know everywhere you go, everywhere you have been, your commonest routes etc Big Brother is watching you.

The simpleast and fairest way to tax is to apply the whole tax burden on the fuel.

That way those of us doing tiny mileages pay least, and those driving huge distances in inefficient vehicles pay most.

I wonder why TPTB haven't introduced this..... after all its just another PAYE type of mechanism??.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 October 2012, 12:53,
The best way round this at the moment is to get yourself a traders policy, then borrow your friends vehicles on a daily rota type basis Smile
2 October 2012, 13:36,
Fairest way perhaps but they want everything. Nothing fair about the way they play.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 October 2012, 13:41,
Maybe if the government didn't give billions in aid to everyone but the people who need it most (UK population) and stopped letting any Tom, Dick and Harry (or should that be Tajinder, Davinda and Harjit?) into the country to claim whatever benefits we see fit to dish out, then we could cut down the fuel duty by quite a high percentage...
2 October 2012, 13:47,
I wonder if "they" will put those boxes on my boats? Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 15:29, (This post was last modified: 2 October 2012, 15:33 by Lightspeed.)
(2 October 2012, 13:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: Fairest way perhaps but they want everything. Nothing fair about the way they play.

Hi SD

I don't object to paying tax so long as its collected on a fair basis

What I have a problem with is the inappropriate and unfair spending of the cllected tax revenues.

The government is playing smokes and mirrors with us. Taxing something here to pay for somethig else over there.

As BP says KISS

Tax on fuel and road fund licences should contribute to better highway infrastructure

NI contributions should entitle the payer to a Guranteed pension and adequate healthcare.

A new tax on all consumer goods called FAT should be introduced in addition to VAT. (FAT = Feckless Arsehole Tax) and its rate should be exactly balanced against the revenue required to support the non-working parasitic population who have never, or insufficiently contributed to the system from which they feed. And that benefit should be paid in the form of benefit vouchers that can only be redeemed for essential goods by the bearer of those vouchers....... This was the system used to give asylum seekers funds for survival in society while their applications were being considered..... it was abandoned because the poor unfortunetes complained that the generous handouts stigmatised them!!!! For my part, if I desperately need a support from a system into which I have not contributed, I'll be grateful for whatever I get and will be prepared to put-up with the stigma...... who knows, it might just persuade me to go and sponge of a more tolerant regime, or even get off my ass and take one of the less glamerous jobs that are still available?

This is my last post today as i'm still seeing red after the spot on oservations of injustices that continue to be inflicted upon the UK working population. Injustices that we seem unable to redress.

Ciao

ha ha!....

Last para should read...

This is my last post today as i'm still seeing red after the spot on oservations by NR in the IR Scanner thread, about the injustices that continue to be inflicted upon the UK working population. Injustices that we seem unable to redress.

I'm gone...
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 October 2012, 19:15,
(2 October 2012, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Maybe if the government didn't give billions in aid to everyone but the people who need it most (UK population) and stopped letting any Tom, Dick and Harry (or should that be Tajinder, Davinda and Harjit?) into the country to claim whatever benefits we see fit to dish out, then we could cut down the fuel duty by quite a high percentage...

Don't really see the connection between immigration and the tax on the common motorist.
If you think the two are connected I'd be interested in seeing your data
Respect existence or expect resistance!
2 October 2012, 19:41,
(2 October 2012, 19:15)Ghost Wrote:
(2 October 2012, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Maybe if the government didn't give billions in aid to everyone but the people who need it most (UK population) and stopped letting any Tom, Dick and Harry (or should that be Tajinder, Davinda and Harjit?) into the country to claim whatever benefits we see fit to dish out, then we could cut down the fuel duty by quite a high percentage...

Don't really see the connection between immigration and the tax on the common motorist.
If you think the two are connected I'd be interested in seeing your data

Immigration takes the tax money out the pot, car and fuel tax puts it back it. Take less out and dont need to put as much in. I could find the figures, but im on my phone so no copy paste. Simple Google search will get you the figures though Smile
4 October 2012, 16:44,
Lightspeed sums up my thoughts.

It is one thing to say that the Rich (see middle class in politicians speak) pay there fair share, but what exactly do those who can work but choose not to give back into the pot? If you keep increaseing taxes to pay for a welfare state, at some point it comes crashing down.

Boils my piss that we seem to work harder and harder and take home less and less and inflation means what we do get does not go as far.

Almost makes you wish someone would flip the switch for 6 months over winter.