Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another step to an Orwellian nightmare UK
4 October 2012, 19:24,
RE: Another step to an Orwellian nightmare UK
(2 October 2012, 19:15)Ghost Wrote:
(2 October 2012, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Maybe if the government didn't give billions in aid to everyone but the people who need it most (UK population) and stopped letting any Tom, Dick and Harry (or should that be Tajinder, Davinda and Harjit?) into the country to claim whatever benefits we see fit to dish out, then we could cut down the fuel duty by quite a high percentage...

Don't really see the connection between immigration and the tax on the common motorist.
If you think the two are connected I'd be interested in seeing your data

The connection is that the UK pays more tax on our petrol and diesel than just about anyone else in Europe at around 60%.
We also pay more on welfare than anything else on the budget. And with the number of immigrants constantly increasing - "the non-white British population of England and Wales has grown from 6.6 million in 2001 to 9.1 million in 2009 – nearly one in six of the population" - it would be fair to say they are increasing the amount the government has to pay in welfare, which means the government have to keep maximising their tax income to make up for the increased spending -
"In January, the Government is planning a 3p a litre fuel duty hike after Chancellor George Osborne delayed plans to increase it in August – and this could lead to record high prices for drivers.".

See the links for more info
5 October 2012, 15:32,
(4 October 2012, 19:24)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(2 October 2012, 13:41)BeardyMan Wrote: Maybe if the government didn't give billions in aid to everyone but the people who need it most (UK population) and stopped letting any Tom, Dick and Harry (or should that be Tajinder, Davinda and Harjit?) into the country to claim whatever benefits we see fit to dish out, then we could cut down the fuel duty by quite a high percentage...

Don't really see the connection between immigration and the tax on the common motorist.

]the non-white British population of England and Wales has grown from 6.6 million in 2001 to 9.1 million in 2009 –

An interesting fact but a fact that has nothing to do with immigration, this fact is based on the population increase of ethnic British citizens already resident on these islands.
I'll check the other links when I get time later, thanks for taking the time to put them up for all to see though.

Respect existence or expect resistance!
5 October 2012, 18:22,
(5 October 2012, 15:32)Ghost Wrote:
(4 October 2012, 19:24)HunterNurturer Wrote:

]the non-white British population of England and Wales has grown from 6.6 million in 2001 to 9.1 million in 2009 –

An interesting fact but a fact that has nothing to do with immigration, this fact is based on the population increase of ethnic British citizens already resident on these islands.
I'll check the other links when I get time later, thanks for taking the time to put them up for all to see though.

How has it got nothing to do with immigration? If there was never any immigration in this country, they wouldn't be here.

I agree that it's a statistic that relates more to 2nd generation immigrants, but it's still directly related to immigration.

Let's put it this way (hypothetical) - if 1million immigrants come to Britain, and over the course of 30 years they breed into 2million, and around 1/3rd of them are dependant on benefits (which is a generously low figure based on this article from pre-recession), that's over 650,000 new people dependant on benefits as a direct result of immigration.