Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mice
24 September 2012, 19:00,
Mice
Having moved some furniture at the weekend and found evidence of mouse activity, my immedeate thought was "have the blighters been at my stores and equipment?" As far as I can see they haven't, but to make sure, I bought another 8 Little Nippers to add to the existing ones I place around the house and outbuildings.
It's the time of year they are going to start moving indoors, so war is declared.
I usually bait the traps with raisins held in place with drawing pins so that they have to work at trying to remove them and stand a better chance of springing the trap. Any other ideas for bait? Cheese is no good as it drys and crumbles, then the pests just run off with the bits.
The humane type traps are no good either. A mate of mine used one at his wife's insistance. Took it out in the garden and released it, but the mouse got back indoors before he did!
24 September 2012, 19:04,
RE: Mice
I actually take a different approach, up here the field mice like nowt better than to feast on slugs, spiders, insects and wild grasses, So I just make sure the little buggers cannot get where I dont want them to be and leave them to keep the pests down outside.

24 September 2012, 19:19, (This post was last modified: 24 September 2012, 19:33 by Dorset Lad.)
I've found it nigh on impossible to keep them out of any building. They always seem to find a way in. As for rats, I,ve seen aluminium sheet chewed through in a lorry when they could smell food in a locker.
As the lorry was a military vehicle we wondered if they were 7th Armoured Division.
I think you should get that one NR.
24 September 2012, 19:36,

The best bait I found to work was Mars Bar or Frankfurter sausage.
I had OCD Mice a few years back, they developed a liking for my detergergent tablets, so I buried a nipper in the debris... and snap! it acted just like a bouncing betty!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
24 September 2012, 20:09,
I've found Nutella to work the best personally, they bloody love the stuff and they can't just nick it so they seem to try and eat it there. Caught 2 in one with nutella before Big Grin
24 September 2012, 20:42,
None of the traps I used with various baits worked. I tried for months to get the little bastard out of my garage. In the end I got a little pack of poison from a garden centre, small red wheat size grains in a little tray, two days later he was in the dustbin.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
24 September 2012, 20:45,
they love peanut butter
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 September 2012, 21:11,
Cadburys fruit an nut chocolate. Meeces loves it.

Or get a cat
24 September 2012, 21:52,
Has any one eaten mice? Bit off topic but just been reading about it
24 September 2012, 21:54,
Eaten deep fried guinnie pig, rat, hedgehog and squirrel, not enough meat on mice.