Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What an irresponsible excuse for a prepper DDP ep 4
27 September 2012, 11:33,
What an irresponsible excuse for a prepper DDP ep 4
DDP episode four was a good episode it showed us a pretty normal American family headed up by Mike Mester living near Atlanta GA.

Nice house, 3 years food, plenty of plans and training including options for getting son home from Uni 200 miles away.
His primary reson for prepping was ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, a good sensible concern and adressed in a very mature common sense way. The epitome of a good prepper.

Second dude was waiting for radiation to arrive from Japan two years after the all clear was given, he advertised for fellow preppers and told them where her lived, they duly arrived and tried to murder him!!!. He actually went off with complete strangers without ensuring he had cover or backup except for his pistol, damn well nearly cost him his life.

THEN we got to the third family in Colorado, started off well enough a steel fabrictor who moved into building steel bunkers to survive a magnetic pole change !!!. He built himself a superb bunker over 11000 feet up in the rockies, but didnt appear to own a set of snow chains for his veee-hickle. He made a neat floating bug out trailer he could pull loaded with 1100 pounds of supplies by hand. Then he did something so dumb I could not believe it.
He demonstrates his trailers floating ability by putting it into a river and loading his family and himself into it and paddling out mid stream. Neither he, his wife, his two very young children of his toddler had life jackets on!!!!!!! On a river in Colorado in the autumn !!!!!!!! What is in his mind !!!!!!!

Overall Mr Mester appears to be the most switched on level headed prepper we have seen so far.

27 September 2012, 11:48,
RE: What an irresponsible excuse for a prepper DDP ep 4
(27 September 2012, 11:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: DDP episode four was a good episode it showed us a pretty normal American family headed up by Mike Mester living near Atlanta GA.

Nice house, 3 years food, plenty of plans and training including options for getting son home from Uni 200 miles away.
His primary reson for prepping was ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, a good sensible concern and adressed in a very mature common sense way. The epitome of a good prepper.

Second dude was waiting for radiation to arrive from Japan two years after the all clear was given, he advertised for fellow preppers and told them where her lived, they duly arrived and tried to murder him!!!. He actually went off with complete strangers without ensuring he had cover or backup except for his pistol, damn well nearly cost him his life.

THEN we got to the third family in Colorado, started off well enough a steel fabrictor who moved into building steel bunkers to survive a magnetic pole change !!!. He built himself a superb bunker over 11000 feet up in the rockies, but didnt appear to own a set of snow chains for his veee-hickle. He made a neat floating bug out trailer he could pull loaded with 1100 pounds of supplies by hand. Then he did something so dumb I could not believe it.
He demonstrates his trailers floating ability by putting it into a river and loading his family and himself into it and paddling out mid stream. Neither he, his wife, his two very young children of his toddler had life jackets on!!!!!!! On a river in Colorado in the autumn !!!!!!!! What is in his mind !!!!!!!

Overall Mr Mester appears to be the most switched on level headed prepper we have seen so far.

I missed the program will need to see if i can find it online ? the second dude you talk about - way to trusting, just hope he learns from his bad experience .
27 September 2012, 11:53,
The second dude means well but as you say he is to trusting, does not think tactically or laterally and is likely to get bushwacked again some time. The first and third families were quite good TBH, but taking kids on water without life jackets is dumb

27 September 2012, 11:58,
(27 September 2012, 11:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: The second dude means well but as you say he is to trusting, does not think tactically or laterally and is likely to get bushwacked again some time. The first and third families were quite good TBH, but taking kids on water without life jackets is dumb

when somebody asks me to trust them i just tell them i dont even trust myself lol. everybody forgets something but no life jackets - how did he make it this far must be luck.
27 September 2012, 12:42,
Still, if the UK sheeple think all preppers are like them on the TV,
they'll probably give us all a wide berth which suits me very nicely.

27 September 2012, 13:57,
They had some of the episodes in youtube, gad to searcg for full episodes. Seen the one with swimming pool used as a fish tank
27 September 2012, 14:33,
(27 September 2012, 13:57)Metroyeti Wrote: They had some of the episodes in youtube, gad to searcg for full episodes. Seen the one with swimming pool used as a fish tank

Yeah in Vegas IIRC

27 September 2012, 14:35,
(27 September 2012, 12:42)Paul Wrote: Still, if the UK sheeple think all preppers are like them on the TV,
they'll probably give us all a wide berth which suits me very nicely.

most sheeple take one look at me and RUN the other way!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 September 2012, 17:36,
I reckon that an economic collapse is the most likely way The shit'll hit the fan.
But I see it as a slow death rather than a quick implosion, which leaves me wondering when to start using my food stocks?
Respect existence or expect resistance!
27 September 2012, 17:41,
(27 September 2012, 17:36)Ghost Wrote: I reckon that an economic collapse is the most likely way The shit'll hit the fan.
But I see it as a slow death rather than a quick implosion, which leaves me wondering when to start using my food stocks?

When theres nowt in the shops, pretty soon the way thing are going, either the shops will be empty of we wont be able to afford the prices.