Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small woodburner?
30 September 2012, 22:20,
Small woodburner?
Im after a small woodburner or similar device. Will be used for heating and cooking. I dont have a chimney, so I will want one wich I could attach a flue and put out a window. Also be handy if its light enough to carry or move about. Any recomendations?
30 September 2012, 23:44,
RE: Small woodburner?
(30 September 2012, 22:20)Metroyeti Wrote: Im after a small woodburner or similar device. Will be used for heating and cooking. I dont have a chimney, so I will want one wich I could attach a flue and put out a window. Also be handy if its light enough to carry or move about. Any recomendations?

Yes, get in contact with the windy smithy. He will make whatever you need or you may find he has what you need on his website
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
1 October 2012, 01:23,
ooh nice find PJ.

I used to have (well my parents did) a huge Cornish woodburner the size of a medium dog kennel on legs once. It had all sorts of cool things shaped into the sides. (Burly men folk/farmers working the fields and all that jazz). The ones on that website make me want to own my own house so I can have something like that in it.
1 October 2012, 07:16,
I have a Blacksmith (can I still say "black"smith in this f`ked up, P.C. obsessed world?) friend who makes them, hell.... he can make you anything metallic, I shall see if I can get him to come & join this site. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 October 2012, 07:24,
(1 October 2012, 07:16)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I have a Blacksmith (can I still say "black"smith in this f`ked up, P.C. obsessed world?) friend who makes them, hell.... he can make you anything metallic, I shall see if I can get him to come & join this site. Wink

Nope, you have to use the term "ColouredSmith" Tongue
1 October 2012, 08:55,
Ha ha... many a true word is said in jest Mr. Binary Code (57).... give it time & that will, in all probability, come true...!!! Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 October 2012, 08:56,
(30 September 2012, 23:44)PrepperJohn Wrote: Yes, get in contact with the windy smithy. He will make whatever you need or you may find he has what you need on his website

Yup, plus one for Windy Smithy. I almost bought the small one he does - "Wendy" I think it's called. Lovely little thing, looks to be perfectly sized for a small shed / room or a decent sized tent.
I think the price is okay for a hand made item, but it's expensive if you just want something to heat up the room and aren't really bothered by the aesthetics
1 October 2012, 12:35,
good ol windy smithy ^^ theres a bunch of threads about wood burners already, i think i posted a link to the windy smithy too Big Grin

my preference is to make a woodburner out of an old calor gas bottle Big Grin
1 October 2012, 13:31,
(1 October 2012, 12:35)Hrusai Wrote: good ol windy smithy ^^ theres a bunch of threads about wood burners already, i think i posted a link to the windy smithy too Big Grin

my preference is to make a woodburner out of an old calor gas bottle Big Grin

you are so right there Hrusai, i too am looking for someone to make me a woodburner out of an old gas bottle..no luck so far!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 October 2012, 13:32,
(1 October 2012, 13:31)bigpaul Wrote: you are so right there Hrusai, i too am looking for someone to make me a woodburner out of an old gas bottle..no luck so far!

bite the bullet and make a diy project out of it! bet you can make a great one Big Grin

soon as i got enough money and my future is less uncertain ill be making my own, who knows maybe i could sell them Big Grin