Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbed Wire
1 October 2012, 14:02,
Barbed Wire
Went for a wander yesterday round some local woodland. My friend knows the area well, so he took the lead and I followed with the dog. We came to a barbed wire fence, no problem, we'll be through that in no time. It didn't even look that sharp. My friend scrambled through first, then the dog went under and chucked my gear over too. I attempted to climb between the strands. Unfortunately at 6'2" I'm a little bit too big to fit through the gap as well as my friend. The result was that I got stuck in it! Ripped my trousers twice - once right near my knackers and the second across my arse cheek. In the pathetic struggle to free myself I also got my shirt hooked and ripped my skin too, leaving a nice 6 inch slash on my right hip.

So what looked like a 2 minute job turned into a bit of an ordeal, for me anyway. My friend was great help, he kept my gear out of the mud the whole time Rolleyes

So, the moral of the story is, if you're bugging out and come across a barbed wire fence - cut your way through it!
1 October 2012, 14:35,
RE: Barbed Wire
Another moral is don't trespass??? Some people like their privacy. I'll be using razoe wire.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 October 2012, 14:37,
got to say if someone went to the trouble of putting up barbed wire they probably dont want "uninvited visitors"!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 October 2012, 14:44,
(1 October 2012, 14:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: Another moral is don't trespass??? Some people like their privacy. I'll be using razoe wire.

It's a strange site, the barbed wire wasn't to stop us going onto someone's private property. We'd wandered into the woods from the road where we'd parked, but to get onto the main path this barbed wire was in the way. No private property involved. There's a registered right of way through the woods. I have no idea why the fence was there, it was new too. Been put up since my friend was there last, about 2 months ago.
1 October 2012, 14:51,
glad i grew up in the country meself, barbed wire aint never a problem for me Smile usually a few minutes spent following the fence will yield a nice easy placce to go over the top, if your being chased its easy enough to jump over the entire fence at speed Smile ive jumped alot higher when ive had to Big Grin

so my advice, look for a better crossing point, dont wear too baggy clothes, and be sometimes goin under isnt the easiest Smile
1 October 2012, 16:57,
Dare I say tetanus jab!

1 October 2012, 19:28,
but the places that have barbed wire have all the best stuff
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 October 2012, 21:33,
At least it wasnt an electric fence.
1 October 2012, 21:42,
No one goes to the expense & effort to erect a barb-wire fence for no reason... all land is owned by someone. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 06:17,
(1 October 2012, 21:42)BrixhamBadger Wrote: No one goes to the expense & effort to erect a barb-wire fence for no reason... all land is owned by someone. Wink

This is true. The local council own this lot, I checked online. My mate found out why the fence was put up, the woods is a favourite spot for the local BMX'ers