Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charcoal lined NBC suits
1 October 2012, 15:08,
Charcoal lined NBC suits
I'm thinking about getting some of the charcoal lined NBC suits soon, but wondered if I opened one of them would it start to "go off" or will it still be as good as if it were still in the vacuum pack it comes in?
1 October 2012, 15:15,
RE: Charcoal lined NBC suits
They don't go off as such but they obsorb things up to a capacity then they stop working or flush the contaminants back. Leave it in the original pack.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 October 2012, 18:01,
Try and get the waterproof over suit as well.
Can't find the NATO number for it.

Mine split so I went out and brought a yellow pvc hooded storm set of waterproofs.
No idea how long it would last with chemical on it BUT I'm hoping that I'll be able to shower anything off it quickly.

If you don't, your noddy suit will eventually get damp and that reduces it's efficiency.

1 October 2012, 18:27,
(1 October 2012, 18:01)Paul Wrote: Try and get the waterproof over suit as well.
Can't find the NATO number for it.

Mine split so I went out and brought a yellow pvc hooded storm set of waterproofs.
No idea how long it would last with chemical on it BUT I'm hoping that I'll be able to shower anything off it quickly.

If you don't, your noddy suit will eventually get damp and that reduces it's efficiency.

Thanks Paul! I bought one of the overcoat / poncho things a few years back. Only got told exactly what it was for a few months ago. Only cost me £2.50 from Second Front too!
1 October 2012, 21:12,
Seen dutch nbc suites for £15, not sure if there charcoal lined. Key thing is to remove dust as possible in the event of a nuke. Also get those disposible plastic bags that go over your boots
2 October 2012, 10:19,
(1 October 2012, 21:12)Metroyeti Wrote: Seen dutch nbc suites for £15, not sure if there charcoal lined. Key thing is to remove dust as possible in the event of a nuke. Also get those disposible plastic bags that go over your boots

http://www.johnsonsofleeds.co.uk/shop/pr...roduct=179

Special Offer Big Grin
2 October 2012, 11:08,
How on earth do you work out there sizing?
2 October 2012, 11:09, (This post was last modified: 2 October 2012, 11:09 by BeardyMan.)
(2 October 2012, 11:08)Metroyeti Wrote: How on earth do you work out there sizing?

190/108
190 is height
108 would be chest
in centimetres by the way, not inches!
2 October 2012, 11:10,
Cheers
2 October 2012, 11:48,
Great find. I just ordered some. They have a few other interesting items there. Ex Military surplus stores.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin