Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preppers every day vehicle
2 October 2012, 11:03,
preppers every day vehicle
What your every day drive ? i looking for a new vehicle for every day use a compromise vehicle a transit van is a bit big prob be a lot on fuel, landrover defender great offroad but not onroad . not going to spend any more than £3500 , must be able to get a reasonable mpg up to 35-40 mpg etc 4x4 hopfully any ideas ?
2 October 2012, 11:07,
RE: preppers every day vehicle
Citreon Berlingo multispace 1400 petrol (07 reg), we wanted a van with windows and thats exactly what we got!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 October 2012, 11:11,
i had not considered the berlingo will need to look into them
2 October 2012, 11:15, (This post was last modified: 2 October 2012, 11:16 by BrixhamBadger.)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...447&type=1 Wink
Ha ha... now you can find me on Facebook...!!! Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 13:21,
im not on facebook on that subject im i right in saying that any photos etc you put on facebook become the property of facebook?Big Grin
2 October 2012, 13:25,
If "they" want whatever I decide to put on Facebook, "they" can have it. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 13:33,
£2000 on a Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE
£1500 on converting it to run on LPG
You should have some change
2 October 2012, 13:35,
LPG is something ive been reading up on i do like the range rovers
2 October 2012, 13:36, (This post was last modified: 2 October 2012, 13:39 by BeardyMan.)
(2 October 2012, 13:35)David075 Wrote: LPG is something ive been reading up on i do like the range rovers

Awesome machines. Comfortable, pretty good off-road too if you get the decent tyres. Should be able to find one that's had the air suspension replaced and had springs put on there instead.
(2 October 2012, 13:36)BeardyMan Wrote:
(2 October 2012, 13:35)David075 Wrote: LPG is something ive been reading up on i do like the range rovers

Awesome machines. Comfortable, pretty good off-road too if you get the decent tyres. Should be able to find one that's had the air suspension replaced and had springs put on there instead.

These go wrong quite frequently (the air suspension) and the cost to get it fixed is often more than the vehicle is worth. Some had BMW engines too, although that could have just been the diesel ones) - so no cambelt, they used a chain instead.
2 October 2012, 20:59,

These go wrong quite frequently (the air suspension) and the cost to get it fixed is often more than the vehicle is worth. Some had BMW engines too, although that could have just been the diesel ones) - so no cambelt, they used a chain instead.

just been looking at the suzuki ingis 4wd would like something a little bigger but looks good for power and mpg.