Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urban items converted or used with other items to make new items
3 October 2012, 06:21, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 06:28 by Wildman.)
urban items converted or used with other items to make new items
not sure where this one should go but tools ect seems the best option. i love survival and one thing i've learned is that combining urban items with survival situations takes it to a whole new level. for e.g a m8 of mine has stayed with the head hunter tribes in south america. he told me that other than being the only man allowed to stay with them with out fear of loosing his head,(at the time) how they made their nasty looking head hunting machetes. the body pannels of cars!!! a plane that crashed into the jungle made all sorts and was stripped down to nothing in a day. as a gift they gave him a head hunting machete that had taken 3 heads!!! he showed me and i had the fortune of testing its razor sharpness (like a stanley blade) and swinging it through the air i realised that the lanyard was hair, i asked did he know what animal has blonde hair in the amozon? "what do you think" was his reply lol. anyway. if any one has any combinations of urban items converted into life saving tools or must haves for a pack i'de love to hear them. another e.g is using the inside of a head light aimed at the sun creates a bowl that u simply throw tinder into and bingo they catch alight.(only applicable in desserts)
also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 October 2012, 08:18, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 08:20 by Wildman.)
RE: urban items converted or used with other items to make new items
aa batteries are really just watch batteries piled up with a jact round them. them a aa batterie is dead, the induvidual batteries are still good to porew a watch or an led light ect
(3 October 2012, 08:18)Wildman Wrote: aa batteries are really just watch batteries piled up with a jact round them. them a aa batterie is dead, the induvidual batteries are still good to porew a watch or an led light ect

sorry about the spelling-getting tired now lol
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 01:10,
the top of a t cup will sharpen your blade(as long as it a knife u keep in good condition) sharpen little and often. place blade on top of the cup rim, pull back slowly while twisting the cup. you can also strop deadly sharp with the back of a muhroom!! no shit.
4 October 2012, 03:31,
Good information Wildman.
Keep it up pal, I'm learning new tricks.

4 October 2012, 13:50,
(3 October 2012, 06:21)Wildman Wrote: also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol

Americans were all over this, saying you can use it to stop bleeding from gunshot wounds. Well you can, but push this into the hole and it will stop the bleeding. It will also double in size, so when you pull it out it's actually made the wound worse. Pads are better. Or cellox.

Good tips though Wildman. I'd love to have a go with that head removing machette!
4 October 2012, 13:55,
thats cause they're using the tampons wrong xD you should make a cut down it and unravel it to a long flat pad of cotton, then cut it to size and secure to the wound Smile

you can also use the plastic part on the tampon to blow nicely directed air into a fire to get it going, or to blow it on some coals on top of a bit of wood, that way the coals get hotter and slowly burn away the wood into a bowl shape!

you could also use the small amount of string for trapping/snaring, or in conjunction with the plastic wrapper a tampon comes in you can improvise a waterproof container

and its good for tinder, you can even make a survival straw, just get a bit of wood charcoal and a small chunk of the tampon, push the cotton into the plastic tubey bit, then the small piece of coal and then some grass or something to filter out more of the larger particulate matter

so yes, i'd always carry a tampon, if you know how to use it right it can do a whole bunch of stuff Big Grin
4 October 2012, 13:56,
Sugar,honey and salt(stings) can be used to clot blood.
Cling film or credit cards can reduce bleeding from wounds.

Used a peice from a bedford truck to split logs once
4 October 2012, 13:57,
condoms too, store about a litre of water, v useful for storing items too, get thick and unlubed ones though xD hell you could even use a few to improvise a slingshot as in the video i posted a while back
4 October 2012, 13:59,
Blobs could be used as a glove if you had to move something nasty like your dead neihbour
4 October 2012, 14:00,
oh heres another, molten beeswax, it has antiseptic and antibiotic properties, molds to fit whatever you need it too and is a great thing to use as a makeshift tooth filling

(got that from new scientist the other day, the oldest tooth filling in the world was discovered in a human in slovenia, was just beeswax that they poured in to seal it, and its still in there to this day Smile )