Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale
6 October 2012, 15:23,
For Sale
Anyone know anything about "redundant" underground Reservoirs? as South West Water have got some up for auction!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 16:09,
RE: For Sale
(6 October 2012, 15:23)bigpaul Wrote: Anyone know anything about "redundant" underground Reservoirs? as South West Water have got some up for auction!!

Yeah someone recently posted an article about one being converted into a sub terr home

6 October 2012, 16:13,
thanks NR, i was wondering if anyone knew what the implications where of owning one of these and if they come empty(of working bits and pieces) ??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 21:21,
In the article mentioned by NR the guy took the top off and built the house inside the (now) uncovered resevoir and from the pictures of when he was doing the work it looked as though it had no machinery or anything in it just the metal framework (which he took down as it was only there to support the roof) if I remember correctly.
7 October 2012, 06:33,
(6 October 2012, 16:09)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(6 October 2012, 15:23)bigpaul Wrote: Anyone know anything about "redundant" underground Reservoirs? as South West Water have got some up for auction!!

Yeah someone recently posted an article about one being converted into a sub terr home

do you mean this daily mail from your post nr ? retreat for rich Devonshire preppersBig Grin
7 October 2012, 06:47,
Methinks I shall have to look into this a little deeper. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
7 October 2012, 09:38,
(7 October 2012, 06:47)BrixhamBadger Wrote: Methinks I shall have to look into this a little deeper. Wink

Visions of the badger staring down a manhole cover on a hilltop for hours on end pondering what is down there whilst Ratty and Hammy watch him from the shelter of Toad Hall !!!! Smile

7 October 2012, 10:11,
Rolleyes Tongue Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue