Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70% of young adults cant sew on a button!!
6 October 2012, 17:10,
70% of young adults cant sew on a button!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tasks.html my parents didnt teach me how to do things either, i had to open my gob and find out for myself!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 17:21,
RE: 70% of young adults cant sew on a button!!
Whats a button?
6 October 2012, 17:25,
(6 October 2012, 17:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Whats a button?

W.T.F.??? TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 October 2012, 17:35,
Im quite luck got shown how to sew,not good at it mind but can patch stuff up.
Learnt how to knit,thats hard Sad
6 October 2012, 17:40,
(6 October 2012, 17:35)Metroyeti Wrote: Im quite luck got shown how to sew,not good at it mind but can patch stuff up.
Learnt how to knit,thats hard Sad

when i was living on my own i had to learn how to sew on buttons, how to patch things, put up shelves, as well as things like washing/laundry and cooking....i had never cooked anything when i left home so it was a learning curve to say the least!!Big Grin
6 October 2012, 17:44,
Frying an egg for the very first time is a scary experience
6 October 2012, 17:52, (This post was last modified: 6 October 2012, 18:02 by bigpaul.)
(6 October 2012, 17:44)Metroyeti Wrote: Frying an egg for the very first time is a scary experience

first time i tried to fry an egg it didnt even make it into the pan, it ended up in the cutlery drawer!!Big GrinAngry
i hasten to add i was 13 at the time!!Big Grin
6 October 2012, 21:37,
when i was a lad we had lessons in school on woodwork,gardening,pottery, practical stuff thats still with me now, THATS whats needed NOW cause there will be no jobs and F<>K all else to do for future young uns
6 October 2012, 22:28,
Sewing in today's throw away society.
What ever next. Confused

From SWMBO.
Her dad had the right idea, he'd give his wife a button and ask her to "Sew a shirt on it".
Big Grin

6 October 2012, 22:44,
We don't want teenagers running round with sharp metal things now, do we !!!