Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi from South Yorkshire
6 October 2012, 20:44,
Hi from South Yorkshire
Hi Everyone,

I live close to the peatlands on the SouthYorks/North Lincs border.
My interests include(apart from prepping) woodcarving , military radio ,EDC and collecting maps.
I have recently passed my amateur radio foundation test,now studying for the intermediate.
Fenman.
6 October 2012, 20:46,
RE: Hi from South Yorkshire
Hey Fenman welcome, you will find great debate going on about amatuer radio and CB in the comms section ( should have called yourself Clansman after the mil radio) I to am a mapaholic, Welcome from Durham Smile

6 October 2012, 21:01,
Cheers NorthernRaider Smile

I must admit i was tempted to use Clansman, but i thought it might bring back bad memories to any ex sigs lads on the forum Big Grin.
My map collection is getting daft now, her indoors says i need to see a shrink. I dare'nt tell her that i am going to start updating them all soon CoolCool
Fenman.
6 October 2012, 21:05,
(6 October 2012, 21:01)Fenman Wrote: Cheers NorthernRaider Smile

I must admit i was tempted to use Clansman, but i thought it might bring back bad memories to any ex sigs lads on the forum Big Grin.
My map collection is getting daft now, her indoors says i need to see a shrink. I dare'nt tell her that i am going to start updating them all soon CoolCool
Fenman.

Never mind the sigs the clansman never worked for the RCT, Infantry or RMP either Smile

6 October 2012, 21:21,
welcome from wales fm enjoy the site
6 October 2012, 22:31,
Cheers Straight Shooter.Smile

NothernRaider - I don't think the MOD will ever get comms right, there will always be a compromise somewhere.

Fenman.
6 October 2012, 23:19,
Welcome Fenman, im a newbie myself !!!! all the best mate from Durham............oh and anything you need to know about dead bodies just ask me..........but dont tell anyone that i was an Undertaker! by the way im thinking of buying afew maps myself.!! lol
7 October 2012, 06:44,
waves hello Fenman and welcome

nr every ex squaddie knew it was easier to shout than use the clansman , god smoke signals were better Big Grin
7 October 2012, 08:32,
Thanks for the welcome fella's,
I just want to make one thing clear, i am not ex Army, my interest in mil radio comes from my Dad (ex Sigs). I aint no sad walt either.
Sorry to get serious, but i would hate to give the wrong impression Smile.

You are right about the clansman Tigs Big Grin
RoadWarrior - I would recommend getting the 1:25,000 maps of your present area. They are invaluable.

Fenman.
7 October 2012, 08:44,
Welcome to the forum.

What's your background with prepping? What is it you're prepping for in specific?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin