Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Privacy?
8 October 2012, 12:04,
Privacy?
Dodgy If there ever was a concept that we can look back on nostalgically, it would be privacy.

That's gone.

There are a zillion cameras on the streets, in most of the buildings, & even built into your computer and cell phone.... but, you can be sure that 24/7, "They" know who you are & where you are, right down to the G.P.S. coordinates & the Google Street View. If you buy something, your habit is put into a zillion profiles, & your ads will change to reflect those habits.... same every time you use a search engine such as Google.... "They" will try to get you to buy something else..... again and again. Angry

Yep, r.i.p. personal privacy.... you are surely missed. Sad
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 12:31,
RE: Privacy?
And what with the ratification of the new Communication Bill later this year, all communication in almost every form is going to be monitored, and logged legally and in the open
Worse bit about it the information will be shared with foreign police forces like FBI.
So Google records it, TPTB record it, your service provider does too, GCHQ listens to satellite talk, the list goes on.

Soon enough they'll be opening your post.

All in the interest of national security.

What a crock of 'poo'.

8 October 2012, 13:14, (This post was last modified: 8 October 2012, 13:17 by NorthernRaider.)
So in reply
BB Move out of town to the villages where the councils wont put cameras
Paul Start meeting people are RVs and they cannot monitor us ?
Smile
Guys FYI For National Security or Fighting Crime or Preventing Terrorism you need to realise the security of the nation they are trying to protect is to keep the ruling rich elite and the Royals living in luxury, The crime they are fighting is the desperate ordinary people trying to protect themselves from repressive government and fighting terrorism means its the ordinary man in the street who is now deemed likely to be a terrorist.

8 October 2012, 13:25,
(8 October 2012, 13:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: BB Move out of town to the villages where the councils wont put cameras

Bro I ALREADY live in a village..... Brixhams small (but perfectly formed) town center can be walked end to end in ten minutes & in that ten minutes walk there is not one place a c.c.t.v. won`t pick you up.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 13:31,
No CCTVs up here infact in this entire COUNTY there are no fixed speed cameras and the only mobile ones are rarely used by the plods, outside of the city and three towns theres very few cameras, I reckon I could drive from Seraham Harbour to the Lakes and not pass a camera.

8 October 2012, 13:34,
(8 October 2012, 13:25)BrixhamBadger Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: BB Move out of town to the villages where the councils wont put cameras

Bro I ALREADY live in a village..... Brixhams small (but perfectly formed) town center can be walked end to end in ten minutes & in that ten minutes walk there is not one place a c.c.t.v. won`t pick you up.

Brixham isnt that small, in the 2001 census its population was 17,457 so its got to be more than that now, i live in a small market town with a population of less than 1,500.....no CCTV! even the larger town (pop 5,000) where we do our shopping still dosent have any CCTV. Torbay is a very busy place, lots of old people go there to retire and lots of tourists in the summer, lots of crime too if the Western Morning News is anything to go by!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 13:37,
I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile
8 October 2012, 13:40,
(8 October 2012, 13:37)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile

whatever.i dont see any CCTV until i go to Barnstaple and thats a 50 mile round trip about once or twice a year!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 13:51,
(8 October 2012, 13:40)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:37)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I was talking about the town center bro Wink not the whole village. Smile

whatever.i dont see any CCTV until i go to Barnstaple and thats a 50 mile round trip about once or twice a year!Big Grin

I love your part of Devon BP.... You are a lucky couple to be part of that community.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

8 October 2012, 13:59,
(8 October 2012, 13:51)Lightspeed Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 13:40)bigpaul Wrote:

I love your part of Devon BP.... You are a lucky couple to be part of that community.

we both knew this area well, OH comes from a town just 13 miles up the road and my family comes from and is well known in Barnstaple. this town where we now live was RIGHT IN THE CENTRE of the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak and it should have died but the locals are more resillient than that and the place came back stronger than before. i was brought up with Dartmoor on my doorstep and although a city boy i have farming in my genes, so the great outdoors is in my blood.and as BB said we never had computers and personal phones in our youth so we had to go outdoors and EXPLORE!!Big Grin