Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree of Freedom
9 October 2012, 21:34,
Tree of Freedom
I'm reading a book about tyrants and dictators and up pops a section on political assassination.

And I got to thinking, did we ever assassinate British politicians?

Quick look on Wiki and I find
1812, UK PM Spencer Perceval.
The First and only U.K. PM to be assassinated.

Apart from that,
In 1984, Patrick Magee tried for Margaret Thatcher in Brighton and failed.

That's it. End of story.
Thinking about it, I'd guess that's why these idiots think they are invulnerable.

The law won't touch them either.
Consider all the nasty things successive PM's have done.

Heath, took us into the EU
Callahan, Winter of discontent
Thatcher, The poll tax, death of the coal industry
Major, Gulf War, privatized British Rail
Blair, Cash for honors, Weapons of mass imagination
Brown's, Raid on pensions, Sold our gold for peanuts, MP expenses
Cameron, lib Dems, austerity, destruction of armed forces, etc, etc

None of them getting so much as a slapped wrist.

No wonder we're in so much of a pickle.
Perhaps Jefferson got it right about "The tree of freedom, etc".

What's your thoughts?
Should 1812 stand for ever as our only notable event or are we too "civilized" now?

10 October 2012, 00:51,
RE: Tree of Freedom
Offing politicians is an utter waste of time as the propaganda it provides their peers with is always premium grade. Besides, even suggesting it on a public forum could get you well and truly on the radar of some scary people!
10 October 2012, 07:37,
This is worth a read on the subject. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/...e-minister Mind you, methinks this subject is taboo.
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
10 October 2012, 08:40,
Most anarchists and loony lefties focused more on trying to bump of King George and Queen Victoria than members of the house, Queen Vic had IRRC at least 8 attempts on her life.

My I dream of standing over Blair gloating after some hero puts a round into his filthy worthless hide.

10 October 2012, 13:04, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2012, 13:11 by Paul.)
(10 October 2012, 00:51)cryingfreeman Wrote: Offing politicians is an utter waste of time as the propaganda it provides their peers with is always premium grade. Besides, even suggesting it on a public forum could get you well and truly on the radar of some scary people!

Good job I haven't then Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It was just a quick scan of wiki and it's list of political / heads of states assassinations perked my interest and showed that the phenomenon of "adjusting the balance" in Western society has worked better than in third worlds.
Besides, the extra bit about accountability stands as a more powerful indicator about how pathetic the sheeple are about being shafted by TPTB.

10 October 2012, 13:13,
Bumping off British heads of state would never affect the overall system of gummint by the ruling establishment elite, To change the system in the UK you have to be able to switch off the banking and transport and telecoms system. Turn off the city for a weekend and the system will fall.

10 October 2012, 14:40,
i think we need the tree of freedom to hang the buggers from for selling this country off to europe....no wonder Blair withdrew the TREASON act!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 October 2012, 20:37,
YOU GOT IT RIGHT! NR