Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
16 October 2012, 15:04, (This post was last modified: 16 October 2012, 15:21 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
(16 October 2012, 14:29)NorthernRaider Wrote: TH I believe that far more hunters in the US use compounds for hunting than trad bows like the beautiful flat bows mentioned earlier. But being totally magnanimous I'll let you treat me to either ? Smile
I agree there are far more hunters in the US using compounds, this is due to very good advertising by the bow companies, and the promise of being able to shoot more powerful bows than you could otherwise handle, coupled with the faster arrow speeds they produce. One reason they shoot faster arrows is that their arrows tend to be very light carbon -alloy etc, but arrow speed is a seductive argument at best, its the same argument regarding the velocity of a 5.56 as opposed to the knock down power of a 7.62 ya pays yer money and takes yer choice. Quality makes the biggest difference to anything bows included, I have been using the same bow now for over twenty years (czaba Grozer Mongol) and it has never let me down and will no doubt see me through, I doubt if any of the compound bows available today will see twenty years of regular use without having something go wrong.
I've got a couple of English longbows I don't use and I might consider donating them for the cause, but do you have a jaunty green hat with a feather in it and a CodpieceBig Grin

This is the type of bow I use, lets see your compounds do this, enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yorHswhz...detailpage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow - by Tartar Horde - 16 October 2012, 15:04