Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
17 October 2012, 22:16,
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
(16 October 2012, 16:19)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(16 October 2012, 15:54)Tibbs735 Wrote: If I could find spare parts for a compound, then that's what I would most likely go for.

Try thinking laterally mon ami, examples such as Barnetts Banshee quad 25 lb draw compound bow can be had for just over £45, SMKs Nova 26 to 40 pound draw compound bow is only £40, a decent recurve will set you back at least £100 for a quality bit of kit like TH is so rightly proud of. So I bought THREE Banshees for £150 if one breaks I just pick up another and get the other fixed when I can.

I go for the steel wired ones cos though more basic the coated steel wire lasts longer than polyester string, and I can buy wire and crimping bits from B & Q for a few quid.

I think a good prepper should be master of both compound and recurve worlds, it wont do you any harm to get a budget compound AND a budget recurve and learn string making ???
(16 October 2012, 15:57)Tartar Horde Wrote: hehe arrows aint the problem mate its the fookin horse, have ya seen how much they cost to keep

Currently not as much as my spoilt brat who has decided he cannot live with an I 5 !!!! if he thinks I'm wsting £500 plus quid on a phone he is going to be very disappointed.
TH how do you get your horse in your Bug Out Bag ... I know he goes in one side pocket and his food in the other !!! Smile
Is this the bow you where referring to?
http://www.pownalls.com/view.php?ViewProduct=1079
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow - by Tibbs735 - 17 October 2012, 22:16