Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
morals and ethics
22 October 2012, 22:17,
morals and ethics
what are they ? when the survival of your loved ones depends on your judgements ?

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
22 October 2012, 22:37,
RE: morals and ethics
Kill or be killed
23 October 2012, 05:08,
i'd read some of the older threads nenook, theres some quite indepth discussion on morals and ethics floating around, several topics on cannibalism too.

i think everyone here has said that they would kill to survive, and most would turn to cannibalism if they absolutely had to...but as preppers we shouldnt have to because we got our preps and we learn about natural sources of food Tongue
23 October 2012, 08:37,
I think we just finshed discussing this very subject only a few weeks back mate, have a quick look in the files Smile

23 October 2012, 09:46,
i think everyone will do what THEY need to do when it comes down to it, talking now means nothing until you are in the thick of it.... you are who you are ....can,t get away from that one ....i know i will try to be true to myself....however that ends up..a bit of love and understanding...... without that what would be the point ?
23 October 2012, 11:59,
(23 October 2012, 09:46)Straight Shooter Wrote: ..a bit of love and understanding...... without that what would be the point ?

"love and understanding"? once TSHTF, its every man for himself, it was nice knowing you!TongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 October 2012, 20:45,
like i said bp ....you are what you are..... will not know until it happens.....but just in case, it was great knowing you pal
24 October 2012, 22:50,
as already stated , as preppers we wouldn't need to turn to cannabilsm , although it says morals and ethics not eat you neighbour,morals extend to helping or not helping others , there is some talk on here about killing , but remember than it isent a case of killing a person , some will be trying to kill you , then you have a fight on your hands, would you leave someone wounded? aid them ? or finish the job ? in the cold light of day we'd each have to live with what we had done .

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
24 October 2012, 23:02,
(24 October 2012, 22:50)Nenook Wrote: as already stated , as preppers we wouldn't need to turn to cannabilsm , although it says morals and ethics not eat you neighbour,morals extend to helping or not helping others , there is some talk on here about killing , but remember than it isent a case of killing a person , some will be trying to kill you , then you have a fight on your hands, would you leave someone wounded? aid them ? or finish the job ? in the cold light of day we'd each have to live with what we had done .

regards

nenook

Im all for helping people. There is the minority that are nightmare now, can not imagine what they will be like without drugs/food. I know what im prepared to do to defend myself. But I would much rather walk away without the hastle.
25 October 2012, 02:06,
i wouldnt leave someone wounded, depending on what they look like and an initial assessment i would definately give them first aid, if i thought they looked alright or was a woman or a child i would bring them back to my refuge wherever that may be and do everything i could to help, if i found someone who had no chance of survival then mercy killing it is, as for neighbours i would help where possible, but not to the point of leaving myself at a disadvantage.

so as long as it wouldnt endanger my survival or take my supplies to a level i deem too low, i would certainly try and help where i can.