Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights out!!
25 October 2012, 09:40,
Lights out!!
was having a conversation with OH this morning, something along the lines of" can you imagine all the sheeple(especially city dwellers) when TSHTF and the power grid goes down and all the street lights go off?" OH has a friend who lived in a "bender" for about 12 years, who sat on the longest night outside waiting for the sun to come up(thats from about 4.30pm to about 8.30am). i think a lot of people will freak out when there is no heating/no power/no lights. we knew people who left the city to live in a small village and the guy's wife said" i cant live here-there arent any street lights!" and YES they did move back to the city.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 October 2012, 09:57,
RE: Lights out!!
One thing I did like about many mid western american towns is there is often only a street light at each end of a street where another road crosses it, much less light pollution. I know that if a situation develops slowly in the UK of economic collapse and rising civil unrest i will be popping the bulbs on all the street lights around here, I'm a creature of the night and absolutely comfortable in the dark.

25 October 2012, 10:10,
i must admit that when i lived on my own i was a "night owl" staying up late, but these days i am much more of an "early bird", like to get up early and do what i have to do, rather than stay up late.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 October 2012, 10:12, (This post was last modified: 25 October 2012, 10:14 by NorthernRaider.)
In my case to many years soldiering and being taught that darkness is your friend prolly changed me.
I always piss myself laughing when I see cops and security guards at night wandering around with a torch looking for poachers / tresspassers knowing full well 99% of the time they have no chance of finding them unless they deploy a £1000 An hour helicopter fitted with a FLIR

25 October 2012, 10:34,
yep same here NI we have a couple or infer red motion activated flood light in the yard, but they are for security more than light

i remember this from last year http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...itain.html

but why stop there why not turn off traffic lights too the result is a bit of a shock!! http://www.wimp.com/trafficlights/
25 October 2012, 10:51, (This post was last modified: 25 October 2012, 10:54 by Metroyeti.)
I have adapted to nights quite well, but like bp I would rather be up early and get stuff done,there tends to be less people out n about in the mornings.
(25 October 2012, 10:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: In my case to many years soldiering and being taught that darkness is your friend prolly changed me.
I always piss myself laughing when I see cops and security guards at night wandering around with a torch looking for poachers / tresspassers knowing full well 99% of the time they have no chance of finding them unless they deploy a £1000 An hour helicopter fitted with a FLIR

Security gaurds do it so they dont have to confront whoever it is thats misbehaving. If yout after someone the lights off, you walk silently and the torch is to hit them with.
25 October 2012, 11:04,
was thinking more about "light pollution" than anything else.
25 October 2012, 11:10,
Powercut here lasted about 2hours, went for a walk didnt bother me but the sheeple were complaining they missed corry and couldnt make a brew.
25 October 2012, 11:30,
(25 October 2012, 11:10)Metroyeti Wrote: Powercut here lasted about 2hours, went for a walk didnt bother me but the sheeple were complaining they missed corry and couldnt make a brew.
nobody got a camping stove then??Big Grin
25 October 2012, 11:37,
As soon as it happened I knew where the candles were, me and oh read our books,then I went for a walk shear panic as the tv was off,makes you wonder how they would cope over a longer scale. If it had gone on till the morning they would have missed jeremy kyle