Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choises
26 October 2012, 22:19,
choises
ok Ive been thinking about this for a while,
we all keep BOB BoV etc how many of you have got kit stashed at work?I have an exact duplicate bag of my bag at home , stashed at work , a plan to get to your loved ones , timed routes in a car ?, on foot ? on a bike? in my case a canoe ? ( I can get to within half a mile of my mrs 'work using the river and canals in 35 mins , ) I once heard a saying
that chance favours the prepared mind , just some thing to ponder over .

regards
nenook

when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
26 October 2012, 22:30,
RE: choises
Everywere I go I try to make 3routes, every thing I do is on foot/bike. Pandemic im stealing a boat to get out of town
26 October 2012, 22:44,
That quote is spot on but I remember it from the film Under Seige where the guy saying it died. So he prepped for nothing.

Good quote to use for us. I'll add it to the quotes list.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 October 2012, 22:57,
Not seen it but thanks for the vote of confidence.
27 October 2012, 01:51,
In my car I have my GHB. This will provide me with what I need to get home in a couple of days...non-stop semi-rapid movement.

I have a kit at Warrington, in one house (parents), and another at my Taunton home (with the misses). I'm going to be making a few cache's in Bristol, to go with the other ones I already have (down that big gap between the buildings...SD knows where I mean...but only a small amount of stuff). I'm going to be rigging up a few other places I've looked at when living in the Bristol area.

I don't have multiple BOB's, but that's compensated for with GHB's and caches.

As for timed routes....By car, I know my times around most the country (it's a part of my job), but I think they will change HUGELY WTSHTF. As for on foot. No. I will admit that. My time for a mile, and my prolonged walking distance is something I'm working on. With that in mind, I am better able to find reachable BOL's and the alike. Can better plan a journey too. No point planning a journey of 30 miles, and not having the fitness to do it. I've gone the other way. I have the fitness to do 25 miles. Where can that get me?!?!? That's been my thought system. Working within my limits, then expanding my limits.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 October 2012, 07:55,
(26 October 2012, 22:30)Metroyeti Wrote: Pandemic im stealing a boat to get out of town

Rolleyes Got me eyes on you bruvver. Rolleyes
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
27 October 2012, 09:03,
(27 October 2012, 07:55)BrixhamBadger Wrote:
(26 October 2012, 22:30)Metroyeti Wrote: Pandemic im stealing a boat to get out of town

Rolleyes Got me eyes on you bruvver. Rolleyes

Thought they had got rid of you with the cull? Been quite without you about.

I dont have to much maritime experience, hope to get more practice in just encase things go sour
27 October 2012, 10:02,
Im liking the response , as for the quote , I cant remember where I heard or read it but I do like it . as for walking well here is a starting point , an average man walks at 4/5/km an hour ,with weight on your back that decreases to 3/4 km an hour as always depending on your fitness , Im looking at making a bug out trolley with no puncture tyres , that folds flat , but could also be used as a sled , I can carry more kit , collect fire wood , etc has anyone made or bought one? , has anyone got any plans for one ?

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
27 October 2012, 10:15,
Got a bike trailer wich can take up to 25k, dont forget to add time when bugging out as yo might not be able to take the path you chose so if you can get to know the area aswel as you can.
27 October 2012, 10:31,
dont forget when you have to bug out, it will be Dark, wet, cold, and Winter! chances are the rivers are flooded or frozen or both, all the fields will be muddy and waterlogged, if you reckon you can travel(at all) at X speed ....then halve it, at the very least unless you are a lone wolf you will have to travel at the pace of the slowest person in your party.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.