Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theft of fire wood
27 October 2012, 21:58,
Theft of fire wood
Chat on local radio was just commenting about rural crime and apparently people are actually going out and stealing piles of cut timber and people piles of fire logs from their gardens!!!

Watch your fuel supplies folks.

27 October 2012, 22:06,
RE: Theft of fire wood
Timbers expensive, people are smart when it come to crime sometimes. Thanks for the heads up.
28 October 2012, 08:53,
there have been 6 arrested around my area for just that, 4 polish and 2 Romanian illegals all released with a slap on the wrist
28 October 2012, 08:54,
Hmmm, if only there was some way to booby trap piles of firewood
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
28 October 2012, 09:06,
Leave a small pile of timber in an,obvious location, lowlife start moving it, move so much it realeases the giant jack in box hidden under the timber, either that or a bear trap.
28 October 2012, 09:13,
[Image: sharptrap.jpg] Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
28 October 2012, 09:20,
It is not just cut firewood - I know farmers and landowners who have had people come onto their land with chainsaws and start taking down trees and cutting up windfalls.
28 October 2012, 09:36,
I must admit if i had a logburner i would be picking up any bit of wood lying about, not so much peoples log piles in their gardens but more, bits from the side of the road, odd logs or tree branches that sort of thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 October 2012, 10:23,
you dont mind people taking windfall ,it used to be a public right that people could collect dead wood for fuel might still be !
28 October 2012, 10:41,
I took the time and effort to get a letter from our counties head forester to collect windfall.