Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finances are only just BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS!!!
29 October 2012, 14:29,
Finances are only just BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS!!!
http://news.sky.com/story/1004120/one-in...iving-wage
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 17:05,
RE: Finances are only just BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS!!!
corr i would not have belived it .......this is how much contempt we are held....do they really think we are that f..king stupid
29 October 2012, 21:17,
They KNOW we are. We have proven it to them time after time.

btw It's not the wages that are low but that everything is taxed so high that you can't live on a low wage.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 October 2012, 21:34,
If people want more than £6.19 per hour, they have to do something worth more than £6.19 per hour. It pisses me off that people think they are entitled to a job. They are not. It is not the responsibility of a person to give another person a job. If a person wants to work and earn decent money, enough to actually live off, they should set up their own business.

The reason people do not do this is they have no balls. No balls = pay them minimum wage.

The study is also flawed. It is quite easy for a person earning £6.19 an hour to come home with the same pay as someone on £7.20 an hour. They just have to work 43 1/2 hours a week rather than 37 1/2.
29 October 2012, 22:05,
well i am in your camp bdg been self employed for 40 years .... employed 100s of people over the years .........b ut i am well out of that now.....and no more .....small is bliss
30 October 2012, 09:07,
40 hours a week, £6.19 per hour, 52 weeks a year for simplicity.
£12875.20 gross. Take off PAYE that's £217.06 a week.
http://www.listentotaxman.com/index.php

So that's salaried taken care off.
Loads of money. £217.06 a week.
Dunno what you're moaning about.

Now contract side of things. The part timer.
Same basic BUT you'll not be paid for holidays (public or otherwise).
So you'll lose 8 days PH standard.

Still that doesn't really matter as a LARGE percentage of jobs are part time so we'll reduce your hours to 16 a week like a lot of folk are working now.
No fault of them, just what is happening to a HUGE portion of the working population. (Must be nice to have a real job).

16 hours a week (if you are VERY lucky)
£115.20 gross. 51 weeks a year as you can't afford time off. £5875.20

Better PAYE taxation rate though so you get £115.20 a week in your hand. According to:-
http://www.listentotaxman.com/index.php

Of course you could go in and demand the boss give you 4 extra hours a week to raise you into the benefit trigger point. Every boss in the land will happily do that for you as well as awarding you a bonus for having the cojones to ask for extra hours.

Or, for the millions without a job.
£71 a week JSA if you're lucky BUT if you upset them in anyway, you'll lose that for 3 months.
Still why should you get it anyway.
You're just a scummy free loading benefit claimer aren't you.

Yep, stop winging you lot.
You've never had it so good as it is now.

B O L L O C K 'S.

30 October 2012, 09:22,
Thats a poor way to look at it. Someone working for £6.19 an hour in a dry cleaners would see little benefit if any being self employed and doing the same thing. However, someone that has the skills to do the kind of work they would do would see lots of benefit from setting up their own dry cleaning company.

If they do not have the balls to go it alone, then paying them anything more than the minimum they are willing to work for is charity and that is not the way any financial transaction should work. I do not pay more than a products stated price when I make a purchase because it would be better for the shop.
30 October 2012, 12:01,
BDG, it's not always that easy or affordable to start up your own business. Depending on your given skill or speciality, you need to 1st research if there is a market & if the market can take another business or if it may saturate the market & lower the price of the service.

Having recently set up on my own (to supplement my income from my full time job), my basic start up costs were more than 1 months salary & I had to buy stuff 1 bit at a time. I still want to get a van but a) I can't justify it at the minute & b) I couldn't afford the extra expense (tax, mot & insurance)

I got there in the end (although didn't break even for start up costs in year 1) but it cost a lot more than I thought.

It does take balls to take the plunge & if I'm honest, knowing what I do now, I'm not sure i would bother.
30 October 2012, 15:32,
Geordie_Rob.
All good points mate. Been there, done it too.
My experience mimicked yours.

BDG.
Interesting you paying the marked price for things.
You're obviously well off and can afford ticket prices.

Some of us aren't so flush though even if we aren't charity cases.
Some of us also have the balls to haggle asking for discounts.
Even more will be looking for the "split bags of peas" bit to negotiate a knock down price.

Probably be them on minimum wage with a lot of month at the end of the pay check.
Housewife's and the like stretching their earnings to make ends meet.

But that won't be a problem for those who have the drive to go it alone obviously.
30 October 2012, 17:15,
(30 October 2012, 15:32)Paul Wrote: BDG.
Interesting you paying the marked price for things.

Where did I say that, or are you infering it so you can make the statement:

You're obviously well off and can afford ticket prices.?

(30 October 2012, 15:32)Paul Wrote: Some of us aren't so flush though even if we aren't charity cases.
Some of us also have the balls to haggle asking for discounts.
Even more will be looking for the "split bags of peas" bit to negotiate a knock down price.

Probably be them on minimum wage with a lot of month at the end of the pay check.
Housewife's and the like stretching their earnings to make ends meet.

But that won't be a problem for those who have the drive to go it alone obviously.

Now, this was about how money is earned, not how it is spent, but that fact is, more than 50% of the money that is spent in shops in the UK is spent in the supermarkets. Go to sainsburys, morrisons, asda or tesco and haggle once you get to the till and let me know how you get on.

People are given ample opportunity in this country to get themselves to a level where they earn much more than minimum wage. If they have not got themselves up to do that, they have wasted opportunity and wasted the investment in them that your tax, my tax and the tax of many others has been spent on.

In this country, people need to change their priorities - people could save money in many areas if they re-assessed some of their own ideas on how they should live. Granted, some people do manage to stretch their money as far as it will go, but a much greater % waste money by buying things they do not need or buying them in the wrong place.