Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Doomsday scenarios
29 October 2012, 14:38,
10 Doomsday scenarios
I drew up this list (in no particular order) which I think covers everything but let me know if I've missed anything out-

1- Chernobyl-type nuclear plant accident, but on a much bigger scale, poisoning an area as big as the USA or the whole of Europe and Asia.
2- Massive meteor or asteroid strike wiping out millions with blast and tsunami, and kicking up enough dust to black out the sun for years like what wiped out the dinosaurs.
3- World War 3 exchange of nuclear weapons poisoning virtually the entire planet.
4- A plague wiping out most humans on earth after accidental release from a bio research lab, or a deliberate release by terrorists to wipe out the population of a specific country, or perhaps a virus naturally evolves that has no cure.
5- EC Event (Economic Collapse) triggering total breakdown of law and order resulting in looting gangs etc.
6- EM pulse (from a solar flare or nuclear bomb) blows out the electricity grid and electronics, it'll be bad but hopefully the govt will have contingency plans to get relief food and medicine convoys up and running.
7- Mega-earthquake bigger than anything the earth has experienced before, demolishing a whole bunch of cities.
8- Mega-tsunami triggered by gigantic quake at sea, wiping out coastal areas for a hundred miles or more inland.
9- Runaway volcano that carries on spewing out dust and ash for months, throwing a grey wind-carried shroud around the planet blocking out sunlight and triggering subzero temperature drops.
10- Haywire weather (nonstop storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, floods etc) caused by global warming, pollution, ozone depletion etc.

[Image: Torn2_zpsd5fe22f1.jpg]
DOOMSDAY BELLS SOUND EFFECTS- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0pN_SmOc-S0

29 October 2012, 14:43,
RE: 10 Doomsday scenarios
11 Labour winning the next election, that will be an extinction event for the Brits.

29 October 2012, 14:45,
(29 October 2012, 14:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: 11 Labour winning the next election, that will be an extinction event for the Brits.
amen to that one!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2012, 14:46,
civil unrest...wether it be because of other factors or simply as an uprising against TPTB
29 October 2012, 14:50,
(29 October 2012, 14:46)Hrusai Wrote: civil unrest...wether it be because of other factors or simply as an uprising against TPTB

Thats the same as number 5 !!! Smile

29 October 2012, 14:56,
[Image: homer_doh.png]
29 October 2012, 14:58,
For the Economic Collapse, I'd be careful in assuming it will lead directly to civil unrest. The Unrest could well be from some other event. Although NR is joking, he does so with a hint of truth. It could be a menial thing that we all see as the last straw. However, civil unrest could be the same as what happened over in Syria. I think Civil Unrest could lead to Civil War. Along with Civil Unrest, I'd like to include a Revolution. It really wouldn't take much to get the grunts of society to kick up a HUGE fuss!!! Then someone gets killed. After that....more on the streets....and the fun begins.

But that's a pretty good list.

Polar Shift is another possibility, along with Mini (or Mega) ice age. But they may be covered in the weather part.

What about fuel/power/food shortages? It wouldn't take much to screw up the crops for the earth. Same as the power grid, or fuel system.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 15:05,
(29 October 2012, 14:58)Scythe13 Wrote: For the Economic Collapse, I'd be careful in assuming it will lead directly to civil unrest. The Unrest could well be from some other event. Although NR is joking, he does so with a hint of truth. It could be a menial thing that we all see as the last straw.

civil unrest wont take much, look at last years riots! if the power goes down and no food in the shops wont be just a few cities it'll be everywhere!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 October 2012, 14:39,
Mother nature for me still holds the greatest overall threat. I think a new virus has the very real potential of creating classic "Black Death" numbers of mortality. Mortality rates are "accepted" to be be around 45%, although some studies show the rate as high as 60%. Given a population of around 6 million in the UK in the 14C you end up with around 2.7 Million dead at 45% and 3.6Million at the higher mortality rates. Current Uk population is around 56.1million although again precise figures are not available. A new virus with the same virility has the potential to kill nearly 34million people in the UK, and I think we all agree that is some scary shit
30 October 2012, 14:53,
(30 October 2012, 14:39)Tartar Horde Wrote: ..I think a new virus has the very real potential of creating classic "Black Death" numbers of mortality...

Yes the classic 'Survivors' TV series of the 1970's dealt with a pandemic annihilating most of the world's population.
Here poor Abby recovers from the plague and finds out it's wiped out her whole village-

[Image: survivors-onlyone.gif]
CLIP-http://youtu.be/-VeO_JhIXiY