Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections
29 October 2012, 18:30,
Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections
For those not aware, potassium permanganate can be used to treat a load of skin infections & is available over the counter. It is a bit pricey as those darlings that manufacture it have decided to increase the price from £5 for 30 tablets to £20!!! Angry

I get them on prescription (along with tons of other useful meds - as much as I can convince the dr to give me, all for £12 a month) so if you want to stock them in your FAK, maybe have a friendly chat with your GP for a NHS prescription.

Treats thinks like athletes foot, fungal infections, infected wounds, exzema (which I have) & other skin related things people would ordinarily use antibiotics for. If an event does happen, it could possibly save your life.

Can also treat water to make it safe to drink.

When a few drops of neat anti freeze are mixed with it, it combusts nicely. Erm... Allegedly. I'm far too sensible to have tried that Big Grin

***External Use ONLY, unless used in very very small quantities to treat water***
29 October 2012, 18:34,
RE: Potassium permanganate to treat skin infections
Rolleyes

Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
29 October 2012, 19:16,
doctors sure can be helpful, i used to get alot of severe headaches and only cocodamol could even begin to touch it...though morphine helped xD....anyway buying it in the shops it costs like 7 quid for 20...after i mentioned it to my doctor he wrote me a prescription for 100 tablets for free Smile...saved us a bunch of money, though ive run out now Sad
29 October 2012, 19:28,
I hardly see my GP. We have a mutual understanding that I know my condition better than he does & he just gives me what I need as & when. Got a nice little stockpile going. I pay something like £12 a month direct debit for a pre payment prescription card & then abuse it as much as possible. The only time I go to see the GP is when I need extra help treating my condition (antibiotics) or if there is something else wrong with me.
29 October 2012, 19:54, (This post was last modified: 29 October 2012, 19:55 by NorthernRaider.)
Pot perm crystals sprinkled onto some kitchen roll, add a drop of anti free, chemical fire.
Pot perm
anti fungal
water purifying
snow marking
fire lighting
anti septic.

30 October 2012, 08:59,
Potassium is a great addition to any survival kit. It can be used for a host thing.

Water purification: 3 or 4 crystals per liter of water. Stir and leave it for 30 minutes. A light pink colour is what you are after

Fungal and wound cleaning: Add a few more crystals than you would for water purification, until you have a darker tint of pink.

Hand sanitizing: This same solution can be used to wash hands.

Signaling: Dissolve some in water to get a bright pink/purple solution for coloring white or clear colored fabric. You can also spread it on snow to make a visible signal.

Fire starter: 1 part sugar , 2 parts potassium permanganate, grind into a thin powder and it will light with a spark from a fire steel.

Its can be dangerous in many ways when misused and it does stain with a red/purple tint that can be hard to remove.

Failure is NOT an option
18 June 2013, 17:23,
Potassium permanganate solution will also effectively treat vaginal yeast infections... "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
18 June 2013, 17:36,
Yeah the Thrush fungi is very similar to the Athelites foot and Jock itch fungis.

18 June 2013, 17:39,
very hard to get hold of these days, classed as a bio hazard, chemists are dead against letting someone have any.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 17:41,
ebay, next day delivery, I have some in my bag. and at a reasonable price too!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....