Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If the power went out for a week or so, I is there any realistic way of heating in?
29 October 2012, 23:40,
RE: If the power went out for a week or so, I is there any realistic way of heating in?
The simplest solution, as suggested is to heat one room. However, that's no way to live. Thermal clothing is going to be vital!!! A few duvet's is always a nice thing to have.

Keep curtains closed, to hold in more heat, and then just set up a camping stove and cook up some hot meals!!! If your home is totally out of elec, but you have gas, consider baking a few bricks in the oven and using them the same way a person uses a storage heater.

One thing, hugely overlooked, is.....exercise. If you pump out a small workout, if your home has relatively low ceilings, the heat from a workout can be enough to steam up a room's windows. There are many other 'exercises' that steam up windows. They are also a viable way to produce heat in a room, stay warm, and entertained. Pretty cool hu?

Other than that, good old fashioned hot water bottles!!! Maybe a small fire in the garden, boil up a LOAD of water, and hotwater bottles all round!!!!

Tea lights and other candles are great too. But be careful, they will burn/scorch whatever surface they are on.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the power went out for a week or so, I is there any realistic way of heating in? - by Scythe13 - 29 October 2012, 23:40