Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Equipment
5 September 2011, 14:36,
Medical Equipment
Three items that every survivalist should have are these: A medical thermometer (preferably not one relying on batteries), a blood pressure instrument (proper name - Sphygmomanometer: I include this name as it sometimes appears in medical texts, and you might miss some important information) and the other item is a stethoscope. Do learn how to use them. I wish I were able to teach you. I fear that I am too far away for all of you. Kenneth Eames.
30 September 2011, 08:32,
RE: Medical Equipment
Best of luck getting a non-battery thermometer, as mercury filled thermometers are no longer used in the UK and cannot be bought. The only other non-battery ones that I know of are Thermadot /Tempadot.
30 September 2011, 09:14,
Dana,

You can still find them in car boot sales and so on. There is also a less accurate alcohol (I think) one that you can get. Alternatiively you can get one from abroad.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 September 2011, 17:07,
I happen to have one (possibly two) that I've had for years, still going strong. I have tried to keep all my equipment old fashioned, as from a young man, I've always suspected that a Survival Situation would occur sometime in my life time. As an old man, given the economic crisis, etc., I feel it is more than probable now. I try to learn as much as I can about the old time Physicians methods of diagnosis for if the electricity fails I still have the chance to help those who are in dire straights medically. Kenneth Eames.
19 November 2011, 18:11, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2011, 18:17 by mikebratcher69.)
you can buy anything from china on ebay...
And sanitary towels are brilliantfor most wounds as they're meant to absorb blood anyway. and are usualy fairly sterile...
tried and tested by the british army, tights as well....
but the less said about that the better * ahem*

tights useable for filtration systems and the sanitary pads are amazing for blood absorbtion, etc
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
19 November 2011, 18:23,
Mike,

No stories please I have great respect for our soldiers and don't want any visuals to change that. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin